User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Leki
(regular) Fri 26-Sep-14 16:09:24
Print Post

Zen have terrible customer service and over charge you.

[link to this post]

I signed up to Zen for phone line and fibre last month, Since I was with TalkTalk for fibre, Zen told me I had to first switch to Zen's ADSL and then they will put the fibre order through once that is live. So I went for the "Home Talk" line rental at £11.22 a month and "Zen Active" ADSL at £25.52 a month. I ordered on the phone and was told the total price would be £36.74. Once that was active the fibre order would go through for "Unlimited Fibre 2" and after a few weeks once that was live I would start paying £45.44 (Line rental £15.44 and fibre £30). On switch over day to ZEN ADSL from talktalk there were problems and I had no phone line or internet for 3 days. Once that was sorted they put my fibre order through and I confirmed with them the line rental price would be £15.44 for my 12 month contract as I ordered before they put the line rental price up to £15.98.

Zen then started sending me proformas charging me £15.98 for line rental for the time I was on ADSL with what was supposed to be the £11.22 line rental and for the future months fibre line rental instead of the correct £15.44. I tried replying to the emails from accounts on the 5th September but no one replied to them. I tried various other emails customerbilling and customerservices but they only bothered to reply once without properly answering my email or sorting the problem. After that they would not reply. Even tried the live chat but just got "all agents are busy" every time I tried it.

I signed up to ZEN because they are supposed to have a good reputation here and else where and I was sick of how bad TalkTalk were. Although TalkTalk's customer service is also bad at least I always got a ticket number and a response every time I emailed them. Sure TalkTalk's replies consisted mostly of random copy and pasted script and didn't sort out the problem most of the time but at least I actually got a reply!

Not happy with being lied to when ordering on the phone, emails ignored for nearly a month and over charged. I really expected better from ZEN.

So now I guess my only option is to go through the Alternative Dispute Resolution process.

If anyone is thinking of paying the extra to join ZEN then I have to say they are really not worth it, I really miss quality ISP's like "Be Un Limited".
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Sep-14 17:03:01
Print Post

Re: Zen have terrible customer service and over charge you.

[re: Leki] [link to this post]

The price of £11.22 is for line rental without zen fibre. If you bring fibre with phone line then zen had the right to charge u £15.44 for line and fibre £30.
Standard User Leki
(regular) Fri 26-Sep-14 17:12:02
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

@adslmax

I know, as i originally said i had £11.22 line rental with ADSL for some weeks before fibre. For these weeks i should not pay for fibre line rental when i didn't have it.

Edited by Leki (Fri 26-Sep-14 17:12:54)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 26-Sep-14 17:13:53
Print Post

I agree about u have ADSL before but change to fibre will result increase in your line rental charge.

As I know it sound daft to increase line rental even thought u are zen customer already.
Standard User Leki
(regular) Fri 26-Sep-14 17:32:29
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

@adslmax

Yes i am fine with the price of line rental going up once I actually change to fibre, it just has to go to the correct price of £15.44 and not £15.98.
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Fri 26-Sep-14 17:50:13
Print Post

You can always take £11.22 line rental and your fibre from elsewhere

Standard User Leki
(regular) Fri 26-Sep-14 18:10:38
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

@professor973

That wont help me now and why would i want to? I just want ZEN to answer emails and provide actual customer service and charge me the correct about we both agreed to. I didn't think it would be so hard.

If they can't do that then they have breached the contract and i will leave ZEN and i wont be responsible for any cancellation fees.
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 27-Sep-14 04:33:34
Print Post

My advice would be to call them and to explain the errors of their ways, of which their appear to be at least two from reading your post:

1) My bet is, because the line+FTTC order (for UF2) was placed on their systems *after* the price went up, this is now the price they have applied to your 12 month UF2 contract. Whether this is right depends on what they said to you on the phone and what was agreed on the phone regarding this whole migration process from TalkTalk, which you say had to be done first (normal ADSL+line switch over before the joint line+FTTC package could be ordered). So I would challenge them on that.

2) The £15.98 line rental charge during the period where you were on their ADSL package is also clearly an error and they need to fix this up too.

Call them, and speak to someone human. Explain to them why you believe their charges are wrong (clearly, at least 2 above is wrong for sure) and 1 has probably occurred for the reasons I've explained above. If the agent you speak to is unable to help you or correct things, escalate to a line manager and have this sorted out.

I am surprised 2 above has happened to be honest - their billing system seems solid, but something has obviously gone south in your case. Call them, speak to someone human. I did when I first joined (to correct my Direct Debit date) and had no issues at all.

Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (60/20Mb FTTC) | IPv6 via HE | » Automated Hourly HTTPx5 TBB Speed Tests «
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being blÝcked?

Edited by mixt (Sat 27-Sep-14 04:37:12)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Sat 27-Sep-14 11:54:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by Leki:
@professor973

That wont help me now and why would i want to? I just want ZEN to answer emails and provide actual customer service and charge me the correct about we both agreed to. I didn't think it would be so hard.

If they can't do that then they have breached the contract and i will leave ZEN and i wont be responsible for any cancellation fees.

Why would you want to? As you are sniveling over a few pence, I thought you may like to save several pounds.
"I will leave Zen" - You need to decide if you need a [censored] or a haircut..
" i (sic) wont be responsible for any cancellation fees" - I'm afraid you don't decide that.
If I was Zen, I would ignore you in the hope you leave.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Sep-14 11:56:09
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

@professor973 is always praise for zen management team
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to