User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Sun 28-Sep-14 19:54:57
Print Post

Zen domain hosting for email NOT working

[link to this post]

Is any one else having issues receiving email from out side of Zen to domains hosted by zen,

None of my domains appear to be functioning with with no email received or a long wait before the email is received, although emails sent from zen arrives immediately, and email send from outside to a zen email address appears instantly,

Support has gone home,......

Pipex(dial up => adsl) => Nildram => Zen
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Mon 29-Sep-14 20:10:11
Print Post

Re: Zen domain hosting for email NOT working

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

Have you spoken to Support today?

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Service Assurance Engineer
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Tue 30-Sep-14 06:42:37
Print Post

[re: Azzaka] [link to this post]

Yes, Not sure what happened for the entire issue, speeds have returned for the domains, and I had a good explanation of why some emails failed.

I use wildcards to allow me to create emails address on on the fly and these emails get pushed to a single account.

Apparently when system try to check if the email address is not valid, the Zen systems return not valid for wildcard email addresses even though they would work,

Strange never had this experience before (and been using this practice for years) , all it will mean is more calls to zen for email mapping.

Got to say Zen support was excellent as usual,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Jander
(isp) Tue 30-Sep-14 11:39:06
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndrewW:
Apparently when system try to check if the email address is not valid, the Zen systems return not valid for wildcard email addresses even though they would work,

Hmm, this ought to work. Have you still got the wildcard in place, if so can you PM me with your domain and I'll have a look to see if something's gone awry.

Jander.
ZeN Senior Engineering Design Consultant
perl -e '$_=q(print "perl -e \x27\$_=q($_);eval\x27\n");eval'
BMG/TC/TtS - # Rock concert movement number four - the "Behind the Head Leg Stretch". Ready. Go.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Tue 30-Sep-14 13:21:56
Print Post

[re: Jander] [link to this post]

thanks PM sent

Print Thread

Jump to