User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User EnglishRob
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Oct-14 12:48:20
Print Post

Bonding FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

Where I work we currently have a Zen FTTC connection giving us about 40Mbit down and about 7Mbit up. We've recently moved over to Google Apps for Business which is great but we're finding out bandwidth usage has gone up quite a bit and we're finding that we need more bandwidth.

At the moment we have a backup ADSL connection from Sky which we're looking at replacing with FTTC, however I gather than some of the 'cloud' based systems we use don't like the IP addresses changing. So we're looking at possibly cancelling the Sky ADSL connection and getting an additional FTTC connection from Zen.

So I wondered if Zen offered bonding of FTTC connections and if so what sort of costs we'd be looking at?

Otherwise does anyone know of any other options out there where we could bond multiple connections so traffic comes from a single IP?

Ta,

Rob

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen FTTC @ 76Mbit down/19Mbit Up
Three One Plan & Moto G 4G mobile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 13-Oct-14 13:20:50
Print Post

Re: Bonding FTTC

[re: EnglishRob] [link to this post]

AAISP offer bonding

Sky Fibre Pro offers a static IP address.

____________________________________________________________________________All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front__________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 13-Oct-14 13:21:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 13-Oct-14 13:49:50
Print Post

I would add that even if you get the bonding, keeping a solution that is with different ISP and not cabinet but exchange based is a good idea for at least basic business continuity.

AAISP and Fluidata are two names to talk to about this.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Tue 14-Oct-14 09:49:42
Print Post

Hi,

Can you please PM me your account details (Phone number the service is on with Zen) and ill happily look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User din100
(member) Tue 28-Oct-14 00:21:31
Print Post

http://www.sharedband.com/ best and cheap way to bond 2 or more lines, lot cheaper than paying for isp to do the same thing. I didnt think it works till I tried it

get 2 or more cheap isps no need static ip in fact u dont even need a public ip, I have a client with NAted relish BB works great they running mail server etc with out issue

(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Oct-14 01:59:48
Print Post

http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/ does the same job as the other suggestion. I've used it before to bond FTTC and Cable without any problems. I ended up with a Hardware Load Balancer for now.

If you're looking for a suggestion for a rack mountable unit I have the TL-ER5120 but you can also get the 6120 with VPN option.

Solid piece of kit I find. £130 inc VAT

Edit:

Forgot to say it also aggregates IP's into a fresh one.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Tue 28-Oct-14 02:01:57)

Print Thread

Jump to