User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Provster
(member) Fri 17-Oct-14 15:58:10
Print Post

My Zen install experience

[link to this post]

I ordered Zen Fibre and had it installed on the 6th. The Kelly Communications guy who came to install it made a poor job of it and left me with no dialtone and no internet - he didn't even check that either were working before he left. He was itching to leave and said "Oh yeah it will all work in a few hours".

After about 5 hours, I got internet for about 30 mins before it cut out. The speeds I got were 30 down and 1.2 up - which was way off the estimate.

I then called up Zen and we logged a voice fault. Openreach fixed that the next day, and my speeds went up to 40 down and 2 up. After another day, I called Zen again to say the speeds were not what my estimates were and they agreed that something wasn't quite right. They logged a broadband fault with Openreach and again, that was fixed the next day too.

I came home and did a speed test and it turned out out I now had the full 80/20, with the modem syncing at 80000/20000. Since then, I've had about a week of internet and the speeds are consistent at every time of the day, I don't seem to get any slowdown and the latency is great. The connection is rock solid and stable and I consistently get 8.5mb/sec download speeds.

Zen were great at sorting out the problems which were not caused by them in any way. I always got through to a member of staff after less than 5 minutes and I was treated with respect, there were no scripts and everything was resolved fast. They have even refunded me for the days where I had no internet/phone.

This is EXACTLY why I chose Zen. I imagine if I'd chosen BT Infinity, I would have had a huge amount of hassle and they may not have even dealt with the broadband fault at all. I am glad of my choice.

Thanks Zen!
smile

Edited by Provster (Fri 17-Oct-14 16:04:07)

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Mon 20-Oct-14 10:50:00
Print Post

Re: My Zen install experience

[re: Provster] [link to this post]

Hi,

Thank you for the comments and feedback. Its greatly appreciated.

I have forwarded the information onto our Head of Operations.

Thanks again.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Provster
(member) Thu 23-Oct-14 17:50:02
Print Post

Re: My Zen install experience

[re: mickbzen] [link to this post]

smile

I mostly dealt with Phil in the end who said he was the faults manager.

I still have a great 80/20 service, no issues at all for 2 weeks now.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
80000/20000 sync - 150m from cabinet
Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to