User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Tue 21-Oct-14 14:15:04
Print Post

Out of Contract Retention Deal

[link to this post]

Just like to say that noting that I have seen retention deals being offered by many ISPs which persuaded a customer to keep their existing service ,I similarly asked Zen what they could offer me.

I'm Currently paying £52.05 a month for Line Rental + 80/20 Unlimited Broadband + 5000 Anytime Minutes + Fixed IP, I could see an almost matching service from TalkTalk would be £48 month. Effectively I was asking Zen to match that price.

Their response was there was no offers available to retain my custom. It's seems to be a no brainer to jump ship. Sigh, I just didn't want the hassle of migration.
Standard User Al1264
(member) Tue 21-Oct-14 15:32:58
Print Post

Re: Out of Contract Retention Deal

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

If I'm not mistaken, Plusnet would be significantly less than the £48.00 you quote for TT (Business?).

PN 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' is £19.99/month
PN Line rental is £15.95/month
PN Anytime calls is £5.00/month
Total £40.94 though there's a one-off £5.00 charge for fixed IP
'New customer' offers are available to save even more on these prices.

Alternatively you could keep line rental with Zen (Standard Home Talk Plus with 5000 mins is £17.35/month) and take FTTC with Plusnet at £22.49 (there's an extra £2.50 for not also taking line rental).
Total £40.34 (+ one-off £5.00 for fixed IP). I find Zen's call charges (for the odd ones to mobiles etc.) are a lot cheaper because of per second charging and no call set-up fee.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 17:29:10
Print Post

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Al1264:
If I'm not mistaken, Plusnet would be significantly less than the £48.00 you quote for TT (Business?).

PN 'Unlimited Fibre Extra' is £19.99/month
PN Line rental is £15.95/month
PN Anytime calls is £5.00/month
Total £40.94 though there's a one-off £5.00 charge for fixed IP
'New customer' offers are available to save even more on these prices.

Alternatively you could keep line rental with Zen (Standard Home Talk Plus with 5000 mins is £17.35/month) and take FTTC with Plusnet at £22.49 (there's an extra £2.50 for not also taking line rental).
Total £40.34 (+ one-off £5.00 for fixed IP). I find Zen's call charges (for the odd ones to mobiles etc.) are a lot cheaper because of per second charging and no call set-up fee.

You're comparing apples with lemons...why not compare Plusnet Business price with TalkTalk Business?

Plusnet Business:
Unlimited Business Fibre Broadband£33.00
Line rental£10.50
UK Anytime£4.00
20% vat: £9.50
Total: £57.00 per month

OP, retention deals with top end isp's (TTB, Zen, AAISP, IDNet, Goscomb) are as rare as hens teeth.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79987/19999 kbps
Powered by Asus RT-AC87R

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Al1264
(member) Tue 21-Oct-14 18:08:53
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

OP didn't mention business, it's possible that the TT business product was considered because they don't offer static IP on residential AFAIK.
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 18:14:23
Print Post

[re: Al1264] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Al1264:
OP didn't mention business, it's possible that the TT business product was considered because they don't offer static IP on residential AFAIK.

I'm 100% certain the OP's referring to TalkTalk business as i'm paying £48pm for the package OP's talking about. Talktalk retail are helluva lot cheaper than 48 notes a month for a similar service!

Powered by Asus RT-AC87R

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 21-Oct-14 18:15:28)

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 18:29:34
Print Post

Talking of 'No Brainer's', I cant believe £4 could tempt you to change from one of the very best ISPs to just about the worst. You would need TT business to be even halfway near the service you have. They also have moved home users from Business to standard accounts without warning. Even ropey all in BB and phone with B.T is £50. You would be better off with the Zen 5,000 minute package and Plusnet Fibre.

Edited by professor973 (Tue 21-Oct-14 18:40:32)

(experienced) Tue 21-Oct-14 18:54:34
Print Post

OP I thought you were already with Talktalk Business?
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4364953-fib...