User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Mon 19-Jan-15 21:48:36
Print Post

Rising downstream sync, falling upstream sync, any idea why?

[link to this post]

Router has been up for 39 days but connection looks as though it resynced a couple of days ago.

My downstream sync has risen but upstream seems to be falling.

I'll get the proper stats tomorrow but just wondered if anyone knew why this happens?

On one of the LLU exchanges BTW.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Mon 19-Jan-15 21:49:10)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Jan-15 21:50:05
Print Post

Re: Rising downstream sync, falling upstream sync, any idea

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Some routers do behave a bit odd and mark tones as not available due to noise and it can take a complete turn off, count to 10 and turn on to get them to behave again.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Mon 19-Jan-15 21:51:57
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Right

Running a Billion 8800NL on my connection.

I'll leave it be and see what happens.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Mon 19-Jan-15 21:52:42)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User techguy
(experienced) Tue 20-Jan-15 21:12:32
Print Post

Connection completely dropped out tonight, router ended up in a resync loop.

Had to remove the power for about 10 minutes to get the connection back.

Lost about 800k on sync.

Mailed Zen to see if they could see what happened from an exchange point of view.

Standard User techguy
(experienced) Mon 26-Jan-15 22:41:23
Print Post

More excellent service from Zen and dare I say it, Openreach.

Copper between cab and house renewed, profile tweaked by Zen and I got another meg out of it.

Print Thread

Jump to