User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Deep_Thought
(regular) Wed 18-Feb-15 10:19:38
Print Post

Leaving Zen - any thoughts on process?

[link to this post]

Does any one here have any thoughts / points of note about leaving Zen for another ISP? Any issues at Zen's end of things that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Wed 18-Feb-15 10:33:57
Print Post

Re: Leaving Zen - any thoughts on process?

[re: Deep_Thought] [link to this post]

I've left and gone back a couple of times as the grass hasn't proved to be greener

Their retentions team will phone you and may offer a retention deal but if you politely decline they will give you your MAC, they don't make things difficult if that's what you are asking.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU
Router: Billion 7800N
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User Deep_Thought
(regular) Wed 18-Feb-15 10:35:14
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Thank you for the information - much appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Wed 18-Feb-15 11:30:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by Deep_Thought:
Does any one here have any thoughts / points of note about leaving Zen for another ISP? Any issues at Zen's end of things that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

I sort out problems for family and friends and therefore have direct up-to-date experiences of dealing with a number of ISPs including:
BT
EE
Zen
TalkTalk
Virgin
Technical implementation of your broadband provision varies considerably between ISPs and you don't say what service you subscribe to at present, FTTC or ADSL. Also if a FTTC service does it use an Openreach modem? All this matters for TBB readers to comment meaningful.

From a pure broadband point of view, there is no doubt in my mind that Zen provides a good all round service for the domestic user but of course if i's sport that you need or want, the Zen is not for you.

It's not as if the grass is greener using another ISP, it just depends on how immaculate you want the lawn to look like.
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Feb-15 17:52:16
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Sport - So do they block the likes of crickfree?

Standard User Geordish
(learned) Wed 18-Feb-15 19:59:46
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Zen don't block anything. He probably means that other ISPs often come with TV included in the package, making it a bit cheaper.
Standard User SkyFire
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Feb-15 16:02:59
Print Post

Just remember to cancel saying you're migrating and get a MAC - so it doesn't cease the broadband. If you're moving a telephone line that may move at a different time as ISPs operate different processes (when I moved my services to Plusnet my ADSL moved a couple of weeks before the telephone line moved).

Shouldn't be any issues though. smile

ta,
Phil.

--
Phil Long
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Feb-15 13:39:58
Print Post

[re: SkyFire] [link to this post]

Phil's first post-Zen post! It's great that you're still dropping in.

ISP Representative BCS
(isp) Sun 22-Feb-15 21:12:15
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Some of us do still lurk around wink

Brian Storey -
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to