User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User copex
(committed) Fri 27-Feb-15 19:10:08
Print Post

Zen support Shocking

[link to this post]

So i emailed Zen's support with a question that would have been easy to answer and this is the response i got...

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to high demand it will not be possible to respond to your enquiry via e-mail.

Please call our sales line on 01706902001. The opening times for our UK based sales team are 0900-1700 Monday-Friday.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

as a exsiting customer and a simple question for an ISP that is more exspensive than others there support is terrible & why are they telling me to talk to the sales team,

looks like i will have to find an isp who wants to help and not sending out lame ass responses so they can close the ticket.....

the mind boggles,
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Sat 28-Feb-15 05:44:08
Print Post

Re: Zen support Shocking

[re: copex] [link to this post]

Well I mean if it was a basic question then there is no excuse

I was thinking of joining but after reading some of the recent customer service complaints maybe i'll stay where I am for now.

I have been eyeing up TTB.

SKY FTTC - 40/10
My Ping
Now on the BT/EE Mobile Trial!

Edited by epyon (Sat 28-Feb-15 05:44:33)

Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Sat 28-Feb-15 08:29:54
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
Well I mean if it was a basic question then there is no excuse

I was thinking of joining but after reading some of the recent customer service complaints maybe i'll stay where I am for now.

I have been eyeing up TTB.

And the question posed by the OP was?

Yes the Zen administration side of the business could do with quite an overhaul and it would be nice for them to have some bark with BT when it is plainly obvious that BTs database contains an error. But then while you are a customer you are unlikely to make contact with the company that often and when you do ,everything gets sorted in one short call.

The TTB product is very good and gives more for your bucks than is on offer from Zen, but I have personally found that their support and admin side is no better than what you get from Zen plus an almost arrogant approach to their customers. The customer portal site provides a lot less information on your line than that seen on the Zen site.

I like the fact that Zen's contact number is a regular land line number against TTs 0800 number. Calling an 0800 number from a mobile when your service is down can cost several pounds which is rather like rubbing salt into the injury.

It's a tough call to say which is the better of the two companies on their business bundled products but by the slimmest of margins my vote goes with Zen.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User faircot
(newbie) Sat 28-Feb-15 08:58:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by copex:
So i emailed Zen's support.

By starting your post by saying "so" it indicates there is a back story that you haven't explained. Interesting to know what the issue is/was.
Standard User copex
(committed) Sat 28-Feb-15 17:07:19
Print Post

[re: faircot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by faircot:
In reply to a post by copex:
So i emailed Zen's support.

By starting your post by saying "so" it indicates there is a back story that you haven't explained. Interesting to know what the issue is/was.

No back story, this is my first contact with Zen's support, if you dont wish your customer to email support requests then dont supply a support email address, if there is a reason for telephone support explain this in the email, putting "Due to high demand it will not be possible to respond to your enquiry via e-mail." is just a cop out and the person responding to the email has more than likely labelled the ticket as resloved, without actually resolving the issue!
Standard User jack8
(experienced) Sat 28-Feb-15 18:56:41
Print Post

I have to say when ever I have emailed them they have always come back with a reply and an answer , I have recently had some very helpful responses form there accounts department .

1664 the best year
Standard User Jax2
(regular) Sat 28-Feb-15 20:54:45
Print Post

Your experience is very different from mine. I only emailed them once which was about them provisioning FTTP where it is available (come on Openreach) and I got a reply in a few hours to what was a general none urgent question.
When I really needed their support when my broadband was very unstable they were superb making about a dozen engineer appointments as necessary until the problem was finally solved. They were proactive and they updated me every day by email or phone. If they said they would ring back they did. Even after the problem was solved and the line stable they rang me several times to make sure I was happy before finally signing the problem off. As soon as the first engineers visit did not help I was moved up to a manager without needing to ask who owned the problem by name.
More expensive but well worth it as far as I am concerned. Imagine the hassle of persuading a certain other ISP that all these engineer visits were needed via their Indian call centre manned by script monkeys! It was refreshing to have a real conversation with the support team and being treated with respect.

Edited by Jax2 (Sat 28-Feb-15 20:56:22)

ISP Representative mickbzen
(isp) Mon 02-Mar-15 13:49:59
Print Post

Hi,

Id like to apologise for the issues that you have experienced.

Can you please PM me your details and ill look into this for you.

Kind Regards

Mick Bolton

ZeN Internet Customer Services
ZeN are recruiting!
Click here to view the opportunities available.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 03-Mar-15 05:51:22
Print Post

yeah thats pretty bad.

especially as email replies are quicker than answering calls.

Plusnet Fibre Unlimited BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-Mar-15 09:18:07
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Looks like an "Out of office" reply had been turned on.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.8 (interleaved)/15.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to