User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-May-15 21:59:05
Print Post

Unlimited ADSL from Zen

[link to this post]

As noted on the General Broadband Chatter forum, Zen have finally launched unlimited ADSL products along similar lines to their unlimited FTTC products (Home VAT inclusive pricing, Business VAT exclusive pricing).

As noted in the earlier discussion, these products do not appear to be available to those where the only wholesale service is BT Wholesale 20CN (ADSL Max). It seems the only Zen ADSL services available over 20CN are the Zen 8000 products, which are shortly to undergo a price rise. This situation presumably reflects the high wholesale bandwidth charges for using the older 20CN wholesale network.

Standard User RichTea23
(learned) Fri 29-May-15 10:38:45
Print Post

Re: Unlimited ADSL from Zen

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

This is almost the same as i am currently paying but an extra £5 for the Phone line. for unlimited. I Think ill make the switch. Oh I have just noted the "OR £16*/month when taken with £16.99*/month line rental". that is slightly cheaper then i pay now but for Unlimited, Very nice.

They only seem to be offering the two option, I can not find any links to the old ADSL products any more.

Various (Dile up) -> clara.net (Dile up) -> TELE2 (Microwave) -> ZeN (ADSL)
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Fri 29-May-15 17:32:20
Print Post

[re: RichTea23] [link to this post]

Same here - Only 2 options. And for me it's a few quid a month cheaper with 1 month contract and unlimited. I am switching also

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Fri 29-May-15 18:30:21
Print Post

[re: AAuser27] [link to this post]

So the question is; do we all have to call up/email etc to switch or are they going to 'do the right thing' and move people automatically I wonder?
Standard User AAuser27
(member) Fri 29-May-15 23:18:34
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

Well most ISP's wont do that as they want you to pay the most and use the less. So I suspect that you will have to call.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-May-15 23:22:40
Print Post

You have to regrade to the unlimited product as it involves a different variant of Zen's phone rental package and a new minimum contact period for phone and broadband. However, as I believe the new minimum contact period is one month, that's not an issue (unlike with the 12 month minimum if FTTx).

Standard User AAuser27
(member) Sat 30-May-15 01:05:27
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Yes it is 1 month for both. I am trying them to see what they are like with the hope of staying for FTTC no matter what the contract is.
Standard User derekdel
(newbie) Sat 30-May-15 20:59:09
Print Post

I had asked them that question, apparently you need to phoned them up.
Just glad I look at the website on a weekly basis or I would not have known & glad I posted it up.
Hope it helps smile

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Sun 31-May-15 13:48:38
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

A big help - ta. I only every really go on the web site to check invoices have been paid and the odd look at line data when I need too.
  Print Thread

Jump to