User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spudgun
(regular) Sat 13-Jun-15 10:32:30
Print Post

Can I switch my voice line back to BT from Zen?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I currently have both FTTC from Zen and Zen line rental/telephone and I am beyond my initial 12 month contract.

My wife has been asking if it possible to switch the line rental/phone side back to BT as she misses the evening/weekend calls that are included in their package. Is this something that it is possible to do without upsetting my Zen FTTC product as I certain;y wouldn't want to switch that to anyone else smile

If so, is it still the case that Zen 80/20 FTTC is £5 a month more expensive if you don't take Zen line rental/phone?
Standard User jphilip
(member) Sat 13-Jun-15 11:35:33
Print Post

Re: Can I switch my voice line back to BT from Zen?

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

Don't know it will upset your FTTC package but it is £5.40 extra if line rental is elsewhere - but for £6.51 extra you can leave your line with Zen and get Line Rental Plus which includes 5000 anytime minutes. Alternatively since you are out of contract phone sales and say you are considering switching back to BT and see what they offer.
Standard User ToneDeaf
(member) Sun 14-Jun-15 12:26:18
Print Post

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

I have recently switched my domestic line rental and phone service to Zen to combine it with my existing FTTC product.

I took the line rental plus option and receive unlimited calls to the usual local and national numbers - 01, 0845, etc., on a 24/7 basis, i.e no redialling needed after 59 mins.

Phone and ask Zen sales as this is not well publicised on the website.

Zen Unlimited Fibre 1 - 30/5

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Jun-15 12:38:55
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jphilip:
Line Rental Plus which includes 5000 anytime minutes
The residential Line Rental Plus product is totally unlimited (it shows as 44640 minutes per month, which is 31 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes).

It's Home Talk Plus, the voice plus calls bundle for lines that don't have Zen broadband, that has a 5000 minute limit. As a recent thread noted, it looks as if Zen might have discontinued Home Talk and Home Talk Plus for new orders, meaning the only option for voice only service are the more expensive Line Rental and Line Rental Plus products.

Standard User jphilip
(member) Sun 14-Jun-15 15:30:53
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Depends where you read about the Line Rental Plus - on this page

https://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/fibre-op... which has the detail of the fibre offer it shows 5000 and a twelve month contract - perhaps that is deliberate or just another example of website inconsistency.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 15-Jun-15 04:23:53
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

I was writing based on personal experience of having one residential Line Rental Plus line (which has Zen FTTC) and one residential Home Talk Plus line (which is voice only).

The Line Rental Plus line starts out the month with 44640 minutes of calls on the customer portal.

The Home Talk Plus line starts out the month with 5000 minutes of calls on the customer portal.

For almost any conceivable residential usage pattern, 5000 minutes is effectively unlimited. Business calling packages are different to residential ones.

Print Thread

Jump to