User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ZenUserJP
(learned) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:07:39
Print Post

You need to sort our house out Zen...

[link to this post]

Being told by customer services that you ONLY get a 589vn when you order a self install and you ONLY get a BTO Modem when you order a engineer install (which let's face it, not everyone has the faceplate - and I wasn't given the option anyway) is a bit [censored].

And also being told because I upgraded I can't get the same? Oddly enough you expect the same price and the same contract from me...

Oh look, a new customer gets the choice of an engineer install AND a tg589vn..

http://prntscr.com/7pelyy

I have to ask you though.. why is your pricing so difficult to understand? If I am just being stupid please tell me how the figures on the left can come to the amount on the right even with VAT included?

http://prntscr.com/7pem13

I am seriously considering dumping you under the 14 days the law gives me because all I am getting is stupid answers by people who sound like they don't want to be there. You are meant to be one of the best. I stress 'meant to be!" The whole customer experience is a wishy washy affair and certainly bring NO confidence in you.

And if this is how customers get treated then I don't want to be here either. My speeds are all over the place because I have no choice but to use pppoe (something the CS guy said was fine and standard for engineer installs)

Is THIS "fine and standard?"

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/926667696e6...

Edited by ZenUserJP (Mon 06-Jul-15 13:14:06)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:14:34
Print Post

Re: You need to sort our house out Zen...

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

PPPoE is the way FTTC authenticates usually, and is the same no matter whether you have an all in one modem/router or an openreach modem and different router.

Believe your ping is probably all over the place because you have suggested you are using a modem with the PPPoE session running on a Mac, which of course will not be designed to give priority to ICMP echo given all the other stuff its CPU has to do.

Time to say which providers you've had before, so people don't recommend the wrong ones next time.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(learned) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:16:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

sorry

ive been with talk talk and was with Zen for adsl before i moved to fibre which was 3 days ago.

its just being told go out and buy your own got my back up all because i got a different way to get fibre than someone else

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:20:05
Print Post

Weren't you with Plusnet when you worked for them?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:20:07
Print Post

So if customer service is your complaint then try AAISP

Will still be PPPoE authentication and the same for all the providers apart from Sky that use MER

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(learned) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:25:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

no. i was with talktalk
Standard User ZenUserJP
(learned) Mon 06-Jul-15 13:26:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I asked my grandson he has shown me which one i should get so i will go and get one now.

it's not the method that [censored] me off it was the speeds slowing right down and the disconnects but s you say that would have been the pppoe direct connection which i will replace
Standard User iMiMiMx
(newbie) Mon 06-Jul-15 14:23:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
I am seriously considering dumping you under the 14 days the law gives me because all I am getting is stupid answers by people who sound like they don't want to be there. You are meant to be one of the best. I stress 'meant to be!" The whole customer experience is a wishy washy affair and certainly bring NO confidence in you.

I believe it is 14 days from placing the order, not 14 days from activation - I looked into this briefly as I'd like to cancel Zen, due to problems and unsatisfactory responses, was activated about 10 days ago.
Standard User ferretuk
(member) Mon 06-Jul-15 14:28:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by ZenUserJP:
I have to ask you though.. why is your pricing so difficult to understand? If I am just being stupid please tell me how the figures on the left can come to the amount on the right even with VAT included?

From month 2

Broadband = £25/month + VAT (£30)
Line Rental = £14.16/month + VAT (£16.99)

Total monthly bill therefore £39.16 + VAT (£46.99)

First month's bill:

Activation £25 + VAT
Modem P&P £5.79 + VAT
First month's service £39.16 + VAT

Total £69.95 + VAT (£83.94)
Standard User ZenUserJP
(learned) Mon 06-Jul-15 18:28:19
Print Post

[re: ferretuk] [link to this post]

Sorry I didn't see the bit where it say activation on that screen, I must be blind.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to