User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sat 08-Aug-15 23:08:01
Print Post

data integrity problem on the phone number

[link to this post]

I have been trying to switch broadband provider for over a month and I have been told that each time an order is placed on the BT Wholesale system it is cancelled due to a data integrity problem on the phone number. Can anyone tell me what this means and as my ISP is having no joy with BT Wholesale is there anything I can do to speed thing up?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Aug-15 00:33:13
Print Post

Re: data integrity problem on the phone number

[re: corsa57] [link to this post]

Usually means a phone number and/or address are slightly different in different systems

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 08:05:28
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Usually means a phone number and/or address are slightly different in different systems
Is there anything I can do to resolve this or must I just leave my ISP and Bt Wholesale to continue pingpong with orders?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Aug-15 10:08:06
Print Post

Needs the gaining ISP to take ownership and dig into what the difference may be.

New migration system insists on more rigorous data matching to avoid slamming incidents in conjunction with notification letter system.

So wholesale might have you have Flat 2A, Random Road when others have you as 2A Random Road

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 10:12:46
Print Post

Needs the gaining ISP to take ownership and dig into what the difference may be.

New migration system insists on more rigorous data matching to avoid slamming incidents in conjunction with notification letter system.

So wholesale might have you have Flat 2A, Random Road when others have you as 2A Random Road
Thanks for the info Mr Saffron.
Is there a way for me to contact BT Wholesale direct, I have looked on the website but it seems they just keep referring you back to your ISP.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Aug-15 10:56:57
Print Post

That is because your provider is meant to do that liaising on your behalf

Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 11:03:19
Print Post

That is because your provider is meant to do that liaising on your behalf
It would seem my provider is unable to resolve the issue with BT Wholesale so it would appear as BT is a monopoly provider of the service I have no alternative route.
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Aug-15 11:21:22
Print Post

I would suggest that tells you enough about your provider in order for you to look for another one.

wink Comms is hard wink
Standard User corsa57
(newbie) Sun 09-Aug-15 12:07:49
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JonRennie:
I would suggest that tells you enough about your provider in order for you to look for another one.
I am not in a position to judge who is at fault for the problem and as Zen generally gets good reviews I will give them the benefit of the doubt for a little longer.
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Aug-15 17:41:30
Print Post

Fair comment...Zen are my ISP and I would expect them to do what they need to do. It's them you need to influence though as you can't go direct to BT.

wink Comms is hard wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to