User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-15 15:45:58
Print Post

MPF 17070

[link to this post]

So my WLR3 line was supposed to of been migrated over too Zen's MPF today, I have just plugged a phone in to do a QLT and was greeted by BT...

It was my understanding from past MPF CP's that the 17070 line test number normally would greet differently like Sky's Zoe.

Could this mean my line hasn't transferred yet or that Zen hasn't provision me on their equipment?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Sep-15 15:50:36
Print Post

Re: MPF 17070

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Was Zen going to do full LLU or partial? Two flavours of unbundling, TalkTalk/Sky use Full LLU, most others use the partial where the voice side remains WLR

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User binary
(member) Tue 29-Sep-15 15:55:20
Print Post

17070 on Openreach WLR still greets as "BT line test facilities..." - might be more accurate if it was "Openreach line test facilities".

Edited by binary (Tue 29-Sep-15 15:58:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Sep-15 16:02:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
So my WLR3 line was supposed to of been migrated over too Zen's MPF today, I have just plugged a phone in to do a QLT and was greeted by BT...

It was my understanding from past MPF CP's that the 17070 line test number normally would greet differently like Sky's Zoe.

Could this mean my line hasn't transferred yet or that Zen hasn't provision me on their equipment?
Zen as far as is public knowledge at least, only do LLU SMPF (Data only) the voice remains on WLR3

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 29-Sep-15 16:04:14)

Standard User bet_here
(regular) Tue 29-Sep-15 16:03:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Was Zen going to do full LLU or partial? Two flavours of unbundling, TalkTalk/Sky use Full LLU, most others use the partial where the voice side remains WLR

Yes, I thought Zen was partial/SMPF.
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-15 19:04:15
Print Post

As others have said, Zen use WLR3 for voice even on exchanges like mine where they have LLU backhaul , so 17070 is "BT Line Test Facilities".

Beth my Zen lines (one with FTTC, one voice only) are WLR3. The only indication that the move to Zen had gone ahead was that the conditional diverts on the voice only line had cancelled.

Edited by David_W (Tue 29-Sep-15 19:05:25)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-15 22:44:02
Print Post

Thanks for the input everybody, AFAIK Zen was bringing my voice over too Zen too but I can't say I was paying too much attention to who hosted my line...

I will probably shoot an email over and ask them though I think your all right about Zen only doing SMPF...

Cheers smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Sep-15 23:00:18
Print Post

And this is what WLR does, it means your voice billing and rental is all handled by Zen

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Sep-15 00:16:16
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes but I thought Zen was going to bundle it on their equipment, specially as it would work out cheaper for them to do that but looks like thats not the case.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 30-Sep-15 09:33:31
Print Post

The price difference between full LLU and SMPF+WLR is minimal at the wholesale level these days.

The savings for Zen are mainly that your data hits their low cost network earlier.

Print Thread

Jump to