User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jax2
(member) Sat 05-Dec-15 20:29:23
Print Post

Netgear R7000 & IPV6 Trial

[link to this post]

Does anyone know how to set up the Netgear R7000 to work with the Zen IPV6?

If so a step by step guide on how to set it up would be very helpful indeed. I was sent a ND Prefix and Delegated Prefix back in September and I know how to get as far as "set-up IPV6" under advanced settings but after that I am completely stumped.

Help Please!
Standard User Unconfirmed
(regular) Wed 16-Dec-15 14:45:48
Print Post

Re: Netgear R7000 & IPV6 Trial

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Unfortunately I don't think it's compatible. I haven't determined why, but I bought an Asus router to try instead and that works flawlessly without much configuration (until the router died but that's another story).

I had an email thread with someone from Zen and they say they've had IPv6 working with routers very similar to the R7000, but I've tried (a lot) to get it working with the R7000 and it just won't happen.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Wed 16-Dec-15 18:21:52
Print Post

[re: Unconfirmed] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.
I guess I will just have to stay with IPV4 then until I have to move to IPV6 which is probably quite some time off.
The biggest disappointment is that I contacted Zen first via the normal support team who had no idea telling me so and advised me to email the IPV6 trial team for help. Then I emailed the IPV6 team asking for help. Did this twice, once a couple of months ago then a second time a couple of weeks ago. Both times have been completely ignored, some trial when they do not even seem to want to know about the problems people have accessing the IPV6 service!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jax2
(member) Thu 17-Dec-15 13:08:57
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Just to update and put the record straight I have now received an email from Zen's IPv6 Trial team.

Basically having told me how to configure the router they then say that they "have a number of customers with Netgear routers struggling with their IPv6 configuration". I suspect that this is putting it diplomatically that Netgear routers do not work for this type of configuration!

The only other suggestion is to contact Netgear for help which I have done. If that is no good (and I will not be surprised if that is the case) then I will have to eventually bite the bullet and buy a different make of router.

Edited by Jax2 (Thu 17-Dec-15 15:49:01)

Print Thread

Jump to