User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User craski
(member) Fri 26-Feb-16 18:12:36
Print Post

Here we go again - More Zen congestion

[link to this post]

I was moved to a less congested SVLAN about 5 weeks ago and that solved the previous congestion problems, until now that is ... here we go again.

Speed tests are showing a normally 74Mb connection doing about 4Mb again.

Really frustrating to be paying a premium for a business broadband tariff with a SLA and "guaranteed" throughput and have to put up with this. In the 10 weeks it has only actually performed as it should do for half of that.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 29-Feb-16 03:04:21
Print Post

Re: Here we go again - More Zen congestion

[re: craski] [link to this post]

the problem here is the cheap way out when there is congestion is to shuffle users about without doing upgrades, this is always only a short term solution assuming is growth of the userbase and traffic.

The proper way is of course is to actually provide a physical upgrade to capacity, although I wonder if the svlan is just an excuse, as I dont think svlan's been congested is as common as is been made out but rather congestion issues are either isp side or MSIL side.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User craski
(member) Mon 29-Feb-16 16:46:30
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Unbelievable.
I've been patiently waiting for an Exchange back haul upgrade for about 6 weeks now.
It was supposed to be fixed today.

Now I'm told that there is a problem with the BT Wholesale ethernet edge switch and the next scheduled repair is not for another two weeks.

I mean, if its a known problem affecting users (A normal throughput of 74Mb drops to 2Mb at peak times) then why is that a scheduled repair.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Feb-16 16:49:34
Print Post

Well they certainly seem to be taking the heat off Plusnet lol
Standard User craski
(member) Mon 29-Feb-16 16:57:18
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

I'm really close to telling Zen to RAM IT.
They have failed miserably to deliver what they promised and all they do it blame BT Wholesale.

If I could confirm that a switch to a Talk Talk Business ISP wouldnt be affected by same issue I'd drop Zen like a stone.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Feb-16 18:06:15
Print Post

Well if the problem is Zen or BT backhaul at peak times, you should avoid it via LLU TTB if your exchange is enabled.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 29-Feb-16 18:06:40)

Standard User Bryer
(experienced) Mon 29-Feb-16 18:10:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by craski:
I'm really close to telling Zen to RAM IT.
They have failed miserably to deliver what they promised and all they do it blame BT Wholesale.

If I could confirm that a switch to a Talk Talk Business ISP wouldnt be affected by same issue I'd drop Zen like a stone.

I'm pretty sure you have had this confirmed. If you go to Sky or TTB, as long as your exchange is unbundled, you'll avoid the BT backhaul.
Standard User derekdel
(member) Mon 29-Feb-16 18:18:34
Print Post

TalkTalk Business is completely separate from BT, I am on that for Fibre [resold] while my BTW line is dying a slow painful death at Zen.

I said this last year & this year, they have NOT allowed for enough bandwidth at the exchanges to cope with all the interconnected household appliances that are now in use today.

At home you have ipads,iphones,TV's, Sky HD, kindles.... hell even fridges connected to the tintetnet....

It's just going to get worse before it's gonna get better.

Some of the fibre cabinet are on a waiting list now locally for connections so people are having to wait for someone to give up their broadband before they can get fibre...eh ...DOH!!!!

Only bad thing for you is a contract is still liable for payment with Zen and I imagine they will have covered their bases for low throughput.

Fibre Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User craski
(member) Mon 29-Feb-16 18:25:17
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
Only bad thing for you is a contract is still liable for payment with Zen and I imagine they will have covered their bases for low throughput.

I took Zens unlimited Fibre Office package that came with a service level agreement of 60Mbps guaranteed throughput. I'm thinking that because this line has been problematic since day 1 that I've got good grounds to get out of the contract.

Standard User craski
(member) Mon 29-Feb-16 18:30:16
Print Post

[re: Bryer] [link to this post]

Yes ... thanks.
A Talk Talk Business reselling ISP is looking like one solution to the problem.
Pulse8 has cropped up in discussion a few times.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to