User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Wed 02-Mar-16 19:01:06
Print Post

Zen price changes for homecall

[link to this post]

How does this effect the unlimited call option ?
:
Existing Peak Rates (Daytime) Existing: 4.09 ppm

Existing Off-peak Rates (Evening) 1.02 ppm

From 2nd April 2016
All day, everyday rates
4 ppm

hopefully it does not as a near 300% increase of off peak 01 02 03 numbers is not nice..

Pipex(dial up => adsl) => Nildram => Zen
Standard User sor
(learned) Wed 02-Mar-16 19:15:22
Print Post

Re: Zen price changes for homecall

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

The email from Zen is classic "big telco". Typical mentions of "people finding the pricing too complicated" and sugar coating a price rise as being "simpler"

I really wonder how we can still exist as a country if people really do find the idea of time-based pricing to be "complicated"?

I'm glad I don't use my phone line for outgoing calls much. Once SOGEA arrives I may even be tempted to move the number to VoIP
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Wed 02-Mar-16 19:32:53
Print Post

[re: sor] [link to this post]

agreed, but there are a lot of stupid people out there, and people / companies / politicians appear to be playing to the lowest denominator. really annoying

Pipex(dial up => adsl) => Nildram => Zen

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Wed 02-Mar-16 20:14:29
Print Post

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndrewW:
How does this effect the unlimited call option ?

Hi, the quick answer is it doesn't. The call rates only apply to calls outside of a inclusive call bundle.

So if you have a call bundle offering unlimited calls to landlines you only need take note of the updated mobile rates. Meaning calls to mobile during the day will cost a little less and during the evening a little more.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nrms
(member) Thu 03-Mar-16 08:17:15
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

We don't call increasing off peak rates by 300% "a little more".
Speaking personally, I had absolutely no problem understanding the call price structure as it was. This is just a greedy money grab.

While I'm here, are there any changes to (I) per second billing and (ii) no call connection charge?

Edited by nrms (Thu 03-Mar-16 08:20:07)

Standard User Skilty
(member) Thu 03-Mar-16 09:16:35
Print Post

[re: sor] [link to this post]

With mobiles readily available to everybody the concept of a landline for calls is slowly dying (unless you have no signal smile ) Once we get SOGEA I don't think I will even bother with a "house" number. Nobody ever uses it in our house!

plusnet Fibre > Sky Fibre Pro > Pulse8 Fibre XL - 14ms Ping, Sync ~ 65.78/18.73Mbps - BQM
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Thu 03-Mar-16 09:28:52
Print Post

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nrms:
While I'm here, are there any changes to (I) per second billing and (ii) no call connection charge?

We're still offering per second billing and no call connection charges for existing customers.

Although we have increased some off peak rates by up to 2.98ppm we've also reduced some peak rates by up to 3.81ppm.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jphilip
(member) Thu 03-Mar-16 09:36:40
Print Post

Your website for Home Line Rental package claims no minimum call charge then has a call connection charge of 16p per call. Surely that is a minimum call charge. Along with the 11ppm landline charge it makes it look as if you don't really want any new customers.
Standard User Gort
(regular) Thu 03-Mar-16 23:08:44
Print Post

[re: jphilip] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jphilip:
Your website for Home Line Rental package claims no minimum call charge then has a call connection charge of 16p per call. Surely that is a minimum call charge. Along with the 11ppm landline charge it makes it look as if you don't really want any new customers.

Yeah, I noticed that, got a bit worried, and phoned them up about it. After a few minutes of checking by the guy on the phone (helpful chap), he confirmed that there isn't a call connection charge for normal and mobile numbers coming in April. It only applies to the special numbers mentioned just above it, but it's confusing and really need to be changed, as well as the impression it gives that calls to 01,02 and 03 numbers will be charged 11ppm..

As for the email that was sent, as mentioned, it did come across as typical company Newspeak and an attempt to justify a 300% price hike (too difficult to understand, my Arsenal...).

Really annoyed by this move and the email's tone, and if I used the phone more to make calls, I'd probably leave (I will if they ever introduce connection charges for normal calls, which I detest). I'll probably now be using my mobile more, as it'll be cheaper. Pity I need a phone line for my connection, though...
Standard User TrishaH
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Mar-16 00:43:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by ajays:
Hi, the quick answer is it doesn't. The call rates only apply to calls outside of a inclusive call bundle.

So if you have a call bundle offering unlimited calls to landlines you only need take note of the updated mobile rates. Meaning calls to mobile during the day will cost a little less and during the evening a little more.
Happy to see this clarification.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to