User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tri_hard
(learned) Fri 10-Jun-16 16:02:59
Print Post

Just migrated to Zen

[link to this post]

I am out of the U.K and have migrated my parents BB connection over to Zen once I figured out his old ISP was getting out of the consumer business

They are up and running and I have managed to get the router stats from my sister who was there for a day. It appears he is getting only about 1.5M according to Speedtest. This is still a big improvement on the 800k he got before but a lot less than expected.

The router stats show;

Up Speed 736,000
Down speed 2,432,000
SNR Margin 6.0
Loop attenuation 24.5

It's possible that the cabling inside the house is flaky, or that the router is still training but I would appreciate any views on what he could get. Zen said up to 14M but to expect over 10 and next door gets 7 on an old package from about five years ago.

Even getting 3 or 4 would be a godsend as Skype is pretty rubbish as it is and we are over 3,000 miles away so Skype is important to us.

Thanks
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Jun-16 22:11:22
Print Post

Re: Just migrated to Zen

[re: tri_hard] [link to this post]

I would sort out internal wiring first and see what happens. The sync speed wont really get any better so if its stuck at 2Mbps good chance is unless you do something it will stay like that.

TO begin with I would try plugging router into master socket, with a filtered faceplate, and plug router directly into there.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 10-Jun-16 22:40:05
Print Post

Re: Just migrated to Zen

[re: tri_hard] [link to this post]

The dsl checker will give an estimate www.dslchecker.bt.com

Use the Ginp Formula to determine if your vdsl2 connection is with or without G.INP.
Divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (with) or 0.9679 (without)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to