User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Sep-16 18:07:08
Print Post

Zen freezes line rental costs until 2020

[link to this post]

The price freeze looks good according to the Zen newsletter September 2016 - hopefully it will include those who don't have a Zen line rental and broadband package. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be mentioned specifically in the newsletter, it just says: "At a time when many broadband and telecoms providers are increasing the cost of fixed line rental Zen Internet has pledged a price freeze until 2020 for all small business and residential customers."
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Sep-16 21:53:14
Print Post

Re: Zen freezes line rental costs until 2020

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

The news release seems fairly clear that the line rental price freeze is for all residential and small business customers, not just those with a line and broadband package.

Of course, the price freeze does not stop Zen putting up the broadband charge, call charges or the cost of add-on services. Until now, many companies including Zen have been loath to increase their broadband charges, but have had regular increases in line rental even though the wholesale costs have barely changed. Once the new advertising rules are in place, it won't be possible to 'hide' price increases from the headline figure for bundles by hiding them in a small print line rental charge.

I am not dismissing the value of Zen's offer; I'm merely observing that I expect them to step away from their historic reluctance to increase broadband charges as a result of committing to no line rental increases until 2020.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Sep-16 01:08:10
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

I pay £11 per month (ex. vat) for Zen line rental which includes caller display. I just hope those costs will be frozen until 2020. I'm not so bothered about call charges because I don't use the landline very much.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 3MbBik
(learned) Tue 11-Oct-16 15:39:36
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

After just one month, Zen have now already issued the first change to the actual service level provided.

1. 0870 numbers will no longer be included in the free calls packages
2. On each of the Plus products there will be a £10 monthly “spend” cap on free calls to 084 numbers. (i.e. after the notional £10 cap has been reached, 084 calls will be chargeable).

Godfrey.
  Print Thread

Jump to