User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User craski
(committed) Wed 25-Oct-17 21:20:02
Print Post

Re: Poor single thread performance problems return?

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

My 80/20 Zen connection has been OK for a while, as in I've not noticed streaming content in poor quality or buffering. But I noticed buffering with Sky on demand tonight and did a speed test to check. Single thread speed test is struggling to hold 3Mb. I've been super patient with Zen in the past, dont need another week of jumping through hoops to prove this isnt a problem with my kit but a problem with the back haul network!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15089616781...

Zen Business FTTC BQM
Talk Talk Business FTTC BQM
IDNET ADSL BQM
Standard User jbuk__
(newbie) Thu 02-Nov-17 16:43:58
Print Post

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

Just adding my voice to this one -- I had been noticing this issue on and off for a while. Reported the issue to Zen customer support on Sunday -- and also notified Jon and Andy of the issue on here. The issue was resolved overnight on the Tuesday and all was back to normal by Wednesday.
Standard User melevittfl
(newbie) Fri 03-Nov-17 09:14:08
Print Post

[re: jbuk__] [link to this post]

Hmm. Whatever is causing my problem must be more complicated as it's going on a couple of months for me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User melevittfl
(newbie) Fri 03-Nov-17 10:36:54
Print Post

[re: melevittfl] [link to this post]

Ah! Looks like I spoke too soon. Noticed a software update going faster than I've seen in a while and retested:

My Broadband Speed Test

Seems Zen have fixed the problem for me.
Standard User jbuk__
(newbie) Fri 03-Nov-17 11:38:12
Print Post

[re: jbuk__] [link to this post]

Maybe I also spoke too soon -- I just had a call today acknowledging the issue as contention somewhere in the network and that it would be fixed eventually but without a specific ETA. I was also told to ignore the single thread results from the Zen/TBB speedtester and only focus on HTTPx6 burst (!) as the others 'aren't relevant'. Not happy that people are potentially being fobbed off like that.

I mentioned to the CS employee that something had been done on Tuesday night who seemed quite bemused but did check the ticket history and conceded that apparently I had been 'moved to a different exchange' which I am guessing is routing my packets to avoid a congested link or faulty piece of equipment somewhere.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to