User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Oct-16 00:34:40
Print Post

Re: Poor single thread performance problems return?

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Agree standard CS is not good but there are a few good teams within BT. You just need to know where to email / call. Once you reach UK support they are very good, as many have found out on here when i have put them in touch with said people.

Web censorship is no worse than virginmedia or sky in my experience.

Static IP fair enough.
BT Business is an option where these features are required.

The point is the op has had congestion since May, that's almost 6 months of congestion, so my advice stands to migrate out to another ISP.

If advanced features are not required standard residential broadband is fine.
For more features / better CS, TalkTalk Business and BT business are decent options.
quite how BT business justify a fee each month for a static ip i do not know , as it costs nothing to the isp
ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Fri 21-Oct-16 09:23:41
Print Post

[re: Kste] [link to this post]

Hi Kste,

PM received and added to my list. Apologies that this has been going on for so long.

We're working closely with our backhaul provider to resolve at least one issue that could be causing this. It has been escalated and we're chasing them daily, so we are taking this very seriously. We're also looking into possible workarounds while our backhaul provider investigates.

Cheers,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User craski
(member) Fri 21-Oct-16 10:01:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Kste:
Zen used to be good, but its like they only care about business customers now.

I am a business customer and still get mediocre performance. This is a fairly typical graph shape for me, not terrible but not great either:-
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/14770...

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Fri 21-Oct-16 10:49:06
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Hi,

I'd like to get this looked into. Could you please raise a fault if you've not done already, and PM me your username?

Thanks,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Kste
(newbie) Sat 22-Oct-16 01:27:49
Print Post

[re: jongreen84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jongreen84:
Hi Kste,

PM received and added to my list. Apologies that this has been going on for so long.

We're working closely with our backhaul provider to resolve at least one issue that could be causing this. It has been escalated and we're chasing them daily, so we are taking this very seriously. We're also looking into possible workarounds while our backhaul provider investigates.

Cheers,

Jon

Hello,

I PM'ed you, and the issue appears to have gone, getting single thread at around 60-70.
Standard User 23Prince
(member) Sat 22-Oct-16 16:53:11
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
In reply to a post by Spudgun:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Speed test is really struggling tonight for single threaded performance on BNG1, anyone else seeing similar things?

How long has this been ongoing?
Also out of interest how much do you pay Zen for this abysmal service?
As a reference, I have two services, BT residental and TalkTalk
BT I pay for 55Mbps: Line rental + £11 a month = £29ish
TalkTalk I pay for 38Mbps: just line rental at £17.70 + £0 (discounted) for fibre medium = £17.70 total
My speedtests (all over 5Ghz wireless with 2 walls between me and the router). On both BT & TalkTalk the lines are so identical you cannot even distinguish the single vs multi threaded:

Dare I say it, if this has been going on for a while, I would seriously be considering an ISP switch in your shoes. I get the feeling you could save a lot as well, especially if we factor in Quidco Cashback.

EDIT: Just seen it has been ongoing since MAY! That is far too long - jump ship mate.
For reference I am based in London where usage is bound to be really heavy and it's still fine.
please don't suggest BT consumer they have [censored] cs and tech support, that is as well as no static IP and their web censorship bs,

Talk Talk Business, every time.
(isp) Mon 24-Oct-16 09:23:22
Print Post

That's excellent news, thanks for letting us know.

We'll be working on the plan for the other affected exchanges over the next few days, and I'll provide an update when we have one. The workaround we've applied in this case isn't always possible, so some exchanges will need additional work.

I'll also look at getting a service alert up that lists the affected exchanges.

I'd encourage anyone else experiencing slow single-thread download speeds to raise a fault with our tech support teams if not done so already, and PM me your username/fault reference.

Thanks again,

Jon
Standard User craski
(member) Tue 25-Oct-16 07:40:43
Print Post

PM sent.
I'm still seeing single threads busting up and down all over the place.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
(isp) Tue 25-Oct-16 10:56:35
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Hi Craski,

Thanks, I've replied to your PM. It looks like this isn't linked to the wider issue that Spudgun and Kste's lines are, so it'll need to be progressed with our Tech Support teams.

Thanks,

Jon
Standard User Spudgun
(regular) Tue 25-Oct-16 19:37:54
Print Post

I'm delighted to say that the fix that Zen have put in place over night has fixed this issue for me.

Today's speedtest looks completely different from the one in the opening post of this thread

Thank you to Jon and the rest of the technical services team for fixing this smile

Edited by Spudgun (Tue 25-Oct-16 20:29:29)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to