User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User odyseus
(member) Sun 23-Oct-16 10:08:36
Print Post

Cancelling Zen

[link to this post]

So as a Vodafone customer I have been offered £22 per month for 38Meg unlimited with no line charge.

Compared to Zen's £44/month for the same service.

I've ordered a switch and then get an email from Zen saying early cancellation fee is œ216.88 - I'm assuming they want £216.88 !!

Now Zen have been OK, but recently complete [censored]!!! I had a line fault a year ago and they were great with a personal email communication with one person only ie Jason Davenport - brilliant service.

This year my line speed capped at 38Meg was normally 55Meg ish - contacted Zen who said they detected a line fault - which I managed to isolate (dodgy call blocker). Emails went back and forth with different people not getting anywhere - because my speed didn't improve and just got plainly fobbed off!!

I was told to wait 4 weeks for the BRAS to reset and after 5 started to lose patience as I was paying for a service I wasn't getting. Then I get the heavy handed tactics on how I might expect a BT engineers bill etc etc - I simply got so [censored] off I switch to the lower speed 38Meg package.

It seems that Zen deem this the start of a new 12 month contract (My last contract expired January 2016).

So if they say (I'm guessing here) that I have to pay the remainder of my 'new' contract before I switch then there is going to be a stiff letter to the Comms Ombudsman.

It's a shame Zen used to be really good - now shoddy customer service and uncompetitive fibre packages smile

Powered by Zen Fibre Unlimited 2 & Billion 7800N on a Dell XPS 8300 Icore7 & Windows 8.1.
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 25-Oct-16 12:16:10
Print Post

Re: Cancelling Zen

[re: odyseus] [link to this post]

When you change any package (upgrade or downgrade), you are re-contracted into the fixed term once again. This is normal business practice. Go to the Comms Ombudsman if you wish, but I doubt you will have any leg to stand on.

Also, it is normally the case that if you are specifically downgrading or cancelling before contract end, you need to pay off the remaining amount due. If you are upgrading, they normally waiver any remaining about due but, as I just said, the contract does reset once again.

Why don't you see if Vodafone will pay off your Zen contract? That's what they do a lot of in the mobile phone contract arena, right?

Zen Unlimited Fibre with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 TBB Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » aaisp.net (40/10Mb FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?

Edited by mixt (Tue 25-Oct-16 12:19:00)

Standard User odyseus
(member) Tue 25-Oct-16 12:22:14
Print Post

Re: Cancelling Zen

[re: odyseus] [link to this post]

The main point is that my BRAS was stuck at 38Meg since at least April even though i was paying for the up to 75Meg fibre package. I gave up on Technical support after they ignored my request for an BT engineer to come and hence i downgraded - simply because i lost faith in Zen technical support. I dont see why i should pay to the end of this new 12 month contract although i'm happy to pay to the end of the pre dowmload contract - i'll wait to see what Zen have to say