User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User craski
(member) Mon 21-Nov-16 10:52:04
Print Post

Latency Increase and dropped packets

[link to this post]

Around 2140 last night (Sunday 20th November 2016), my Zen connection latency shot up to 100ms from its typical norm of around 30ms and I started to see packets being dropped (see BQM link in signature).

Is any one else on Zen seeing similar?

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Nov-16 12:39:47
Print Post

Re: Latency Increase and dropped packets

[re: craski] [link to this post]

There have been no changes in my connection - see the IPv4 and IPv6 BQMs in my signature. I'm on Zen backhaul on an exchange where the single thread speed issue has been resolved.

I do see occasional changes in latency, which are presumably down to temporary changes in the backhaul network topology, but nothing as ugly as in your BQM. With that level of dropped packets, I'd report a fault - it may be that a link failure has forced your traffic onto an overloaded route.

It's also worth checking the Zen status page to see if there is anything relevant there.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User craski
(member) Mon 21-Nov-16 14:49:14
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Yeah, I did check status page but couldnt see anything. I have now reported it as a fault but I have to do all the router change-out nonsense again to yet again prove it isnt a problem at my end before they'll raise it as a fault with BT despite my line having had congestion issues pretty much from day one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 21-Nov-16 15:51:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by craski:
Yeah, I did check status page but couldnt see anything. I have now reported it as a fault but I have to do all the router change-out nonsense again to yet again prove it isnt a problem at my end before they'll raise it as a fault with BT despite my line having had congestion issues pretty much from day one.
Just hit the same brick wall myself , though i have a line fault
Standard User craski
(member) Tue 22-Nov-16 07:41:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by craski:
I have to do all the router change-out nonsense again to yet again prove it isnt a problem at my end before they'll raise it as a fault with BT

Apologies to Zen, after further investigation at my end on this occasion it doesnt look like my current problem is all due to congestion. My router is flooding the upload bandwidth to its max which is causing the latency to increase and packets to drop. Even with everything on LAN disconnected the router is saturating the upload so it looks like router is being flooded or under some sort of DDOS attack. Router offline for now ...

Print Thread

Jump to