User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 6jb
(member) Sun 04-Dec-16 08:12:58
Print Post

WAN VLAN ID for Zen FTTP installation

[link to this post]

I could have posted this in the fibre technical forum but as the request is Zen specific I thought I would try here first in case a quick answer is available before posting elsewhere or contacting Zen support.

Finally, our FTTP connection to Zen is about to complete. Openreach have completed the outside work and we now have fibre to the CSP outside. The second visit is booked for this week for the internal connection including fitting of the ONT.

I would like to use my existing router (Billion 7800nxl) via the EWAN socket to connect to the Optical Network Termination (ONT).

I've researched this and am happy with all connection settings except a VLAN value. Google tells me that the VLAN value for a Zen FTTC connection is 101 and I am trying to find out if this would be the same for FTTP, which is my case.

The available info on FTTP seems to be a lot lower than FTTC due to the much smaller rollout.

Anyone help with a value?

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Dec-16 10:50:47
Print Post

Re: WAN VLAN ID for Zen FTTP installation

[re: 6jb] [link to this post]

Should be the same as both are GEA based services

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 6jb
(member) Sun 04-Dec-16 11:09:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you MrSaffron. Appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 6jb
(member) Tue 13-Dec-16 13:35:49
Print Post

[re: 6jb] [link to this post]

Just to follow up on my original post.

Zen FTTP is now installed and working. I am using a Billion 7800nxl connected to the BT ONT via the EWAN port.

The values for VLAN ID and the corresponding 802.1P Priority are left unset. Vaues -1 in the case of the Billion kit. Setting the VLAN ID to 101 stops things working.

I know this is only of interest to a small minority of users but am posting to help anyone who may be searching for the info in future.

JB.
  Print Thread

Jump to