User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Fri 10-Feb-17 08:34:48
Print Post

Zen non-LLU Speed Test & BQM Results

[link to this post]

I'm looking at other possible options, should I decide to migrate away from my Pulse8 TTB based MPF connection, which is still having significant single thread speed issues, which we have pretty comprehensively proven are down to the TTB network.

The issue is currently being worked on by TTB, thanks to the efforts of Adam at P8 and I will be giving them more time to try and resolve the issue before jumping ship.

The cost of the move away from TTB MPF is not going to be insignificant, so I just want to make sure I have a bolt hole to go to that I am comfortable with.

So if you could post your TTB speed test results and any associated BQMs that would really be appreciated and advise whether they are on a TTB or BTW based connection.

I'm not on a Zen LLU exchange, so am looking for results for those of you on a standard BTW connection

Thanks.
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 12:26:47
Print Post

Re: Zen non-LLU Speed Test & BQM Results

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

I can't help with your request, as I'm on Zen's backhaul network, not BT Wholesale.

Are you absolutely certain that you would be connected to Zen via BT Wholesale? I'm not sure there's an accurate list of "own network" exchanges on any public source; the list has grown considerably since the original announcement of Zen's backhaul network and there are periodic reports in this forum of people being moved to Zen's network.

It might be worth asking Zen sales if can give you a definite answer as to whether you would be connected via Zen's network or BT Wholesale.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 15:12:46
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

I've assumed that samknows is correct.

I will give them a shout in a next day or two.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Mon 13-Feb-17 15:16:53
Print Post

Happy to take a look for you. PM me if you don't want to publish your exchange.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 15:48:13
Print Post

[re: jongreen84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jongreen84:
Happy to take a look for you. PM me if you don't want to publish your exchange.

PM sent with a few additional questions. wink
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:14:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by jaydub:
I've assumed that samknows is correct.
SamKnows' data is very out of date. My exchange was not one on the original list, but I've been on Zen's own backhaul for somewhere around two years. SamKnows still says there's no Zen presence at my exchange.

I'm pleased to see Jon has posted in this thread as he will be able to give you an accurate answer.

thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Mon 13-Feb-17 20:42:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by David_W:
SamKnows' data is very out of date. My exchange was not one on the original list, but I've been on Zen's own backhaul for somewhere around two years. SamKnows still says there's no Zen presence at my exchange.

I'm pleased to see Jon has posted in this thread as he will be able to give you an accurate answer.

Let's see what Jon says. Their sales team seem to think they don't have a presence, but we'll see.
(isp) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:27:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by David_W:
My exchange was not one on the original list, but I've been on Zen's own backhaul for somewhere around two years. SamKnows still says there's no Zen presence at my exchange.

I think the confusion with the data is the parent/child relationship that exists with FTTC. While we may not have a presence in the actual exchange your copper line goes back to, the fact the fibre from your cabinet can go back to a larger/more central exchange may mean that we can get you directly onto our backhaul.

I'll double check that someone is informing SamKnows of updates as we continue to roll out more exchanges, although this won't help with the above!

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Feb-17 21:47:52
Print Post

[re: jongreen84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jongreen84:
I think the confusion with the data is the parent/child relationship that exists with FTTC. While we may not have a presence in the actual exchange your copper line goes back to, the fact the fibre from your cabinet can go back to a larger/more central exchange may mean that we can get you directly onto our backhaul.
In case it helps, Jon, I'm on SMFK. Having checked on the customer portal, I was moved to Zen's backhaul on 1 October 2014, but SamKnows still says there's no Zen presence at the exchange. You've had some input in relation to my FTTC and single-thread issues which, after the backhaul reconfiguration, have gone away and have not returned.

I don't believe SMFK FTTC is parented off another exchange, considering the timeline of deployment locally, but you might know differently!

(isp) Mon 13-Feb-17 22:00:52
Print Post

I remember, I just didn't want to give away anything about your location! It's really good to hear the issue remains resolved. SMFK is a child of Milton Keynes (SMBT), which SamKnows correctly lists us as having a presence.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to