User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Raven7
(newbie) Tue 14-Feb-17 21:56:25
Print Post

Slow Speeds with Zen. What's happened to Zen?

[link to this post]

I have been with Zen for a couple of years now. I joined based on their reputation, (upon reading this forum) and they have provided a good service. However, recently I have noticed severe speed problems. It should be around 65Mbps. At the moment my upload speed is faster than my download.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

The speed problem goes away after midnight. I have raised this issue with Zen. Hopefully they can solve my problem.
Just in case they can't solve my problem. What other ISP do you guys recommend. I pay £55 including line rental. I don't mind paying that amount if I can get the sort of speeds that Zen use to provide.

Edited by Raven7 (Tue 14-Feb-17 22:26:22)

Standard User sidneyk
(experienced) Tue 14-Feb-17 23:49:07
Print Post

Re: Slow Speeds with Zen. What's happened to Zen?

[re: Raven7] [link to this post]

For those kind of prices it may be worth looking at what AAISP are offering

AAISP

Plusnet
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Feb-17 10:14:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by Raven7:
I have been with Zen for a couple of years now. I joined based on their reputation, (upon reading this forum) and they have provided a good service. However, recently I have noticed severe speed problems. It should be around 65Mbps. At the moment my upload speed is faster than my download.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

The speed problem goes away after midnight. I have raised this issue with Zen. Hopefully, they can solve my problem.
Just in case they can't solve my problem. What other ISP do you guys recommend? I pay £55 including line rental. I don't mind paying that amount if I can get the sort of speeds that Zen use to provide.

Are you on Zen's backhaul or BT wbmc Backhaul? It sounds like peak time congestion, if you are on BT's backhaul you will need to have run a BT perf test
Then complete the second part further diagnostics , if your throughput is low enough (sub 40-mbps) it will ask you if you want to test further, TAP3 test

You have to follow the instructions shown before continuing as this walled garden test tests from a different part of BTW's network and also is isolated from the rest of the internet The ISP can see the results and then forward to BT so if you have run the TAP3
Don't run another BTW speed test until the ISP has saved the results as subsequent tests overwrite each other as only the most recent result is stored the BT speed test server
I have found that once you are able to demonstrate the issue Zen usually are fairly quick in escalating to get it fixed
Though they do sometimes fall for the BTW ploy to sell them a SFI engineer service to fix a contention or congestion issue When this will likely result in a Fee, and won't help fix such issues

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 15-Feb-17 10:30:52)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nrms
(member) Thu 16-Feb-17 16:46:54
Print Post

Have a look at some of the other ISP forums in this place, as it might give some idea of what other ISP (problems) are like. For instance I notice the only thread on AAISP since Nov 2016 has been about, guess what, single thread congestion, with pages and pages of comments since then....
Standard User clivers
(regular) Thu 16-Feb-17 18:30:29
Print Post

[re: nrms] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nrms:
Have a look at some of the other ISP forums in this place, as it might give some idea of what other ISP (problems) are like. For instance I notice the only thread on AAISP since Nov 2016 has been about, guess what, single thread congestion, with pages and pages of comments since then....

That thread is only from one person who has changed ISPs several times and generates a high volume of posts! It does not reflect in any way the service you get from AAISP.
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Thu 16-Feb-17 19:23:04
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by clivers:
That thread is only from one person who has changed ISPs several times and generates a high volume of posts! It does not reflect in any way the service you get from AAISP.

Agreed.

Sometimes it's worth looking at content rather than the cold stats.

What's the old saying? Oh yes I remember: There's lies, damn lies and statistics. wink
Standard User jaydub
(experienced) Thu 16-Feb-17 19:45:49
Print Post

Any update, Raven7?
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 17-Feb-17 09:41:30
Print Post

Hi,

If you DM me your account details I'll get our support team to investigate ASAP.

Also, if you're paying £55 /month, and haven't added any upgrades e.g. unlimited calls etc., you're likely on one of our older packages. It's possible we could switch you onto one of our newer packages a save you a few £ each month. I'll also check this out for you.

Best regards,

Andrew
Broadband Product Manager

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Raven7
(newbie) Sun 19-Feb-17 15:30:38
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Sorry, I have been very busy with work.

The support team have asked me to provide speeds over the course of a day. I haven't been able to provide this at the moment. However, when I do I will update you guys.

PS Thank you guys for replying.

Edited by Raven7 (Sun 19-Feb-17 15:32:03)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Feb-17 19:05:08
Print Post

Re: Slow Speeds with Zen. What's happened to Zen? *DELETED*

Post deleted by ukhardy07

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sun 19-Feb-17 19:05:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to