User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bwlmog
(learned) Sat 18-Feb-17 08:33:50
Print Post

Zen Views Welcomed

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm currently on a BT Infinity 2 package and price increases have provided an opportunity to leave without penalty (I don't gave a problem with infinity but have BT TV which I don't rate and need to leave BT to drop this).

The cheaper ISPs either only provide 40/10 configurations in my area (Sky) or seem to have heavy traffic management or throttling rules during peak times - no use to me as have four heavy users at home. Zen are doing 80/20 configuration with lin rental which us slightly more than I wanted to pay but don't seem to carry the same management restrictions and are unlimited.

There seems to be mixed messages posted around the FTTC service and I'd welcome views or suggested alernatives in the £40-£50 range (all in).

Thanks in advance.
Standard User kitfit1
(newbie) Sun 19-Feb-17 09:26:20
Print Post

Re: Zen Views Welcomed

[re: bwlmog] [link to this post]

In this day and age, having any download limit or throttling would be a handicap to a very large section of users i would of thought. If you think about it for a few mins, a lot of peeps that are buying new TV's will be buying 4K tv's. Most content for a 4k tv is streamed, even if it's through SkyQ. One 4k film, even a compressed film via SkyQ, will be 25GB+. Try downloading that at night when your being throttled by your ISP and you will get annoyed very quickly. Try doing it twice a month when your monthly limit is 50GB and you will get even more annoyed. At the moment i'm only just over a 2 weeks into the current month and have used 50.3GB and i'm a light user.
As you said, Zen don't traffic manage and are unlimited. Perfect for peeps that want to take advantage of streaming and using the net as it is supposed to be.
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sun 19-Feb-17 10:35:09
Print Post

[re: kitfit1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitfit1:
In this day and age, having any download limit or throttling would be a handicap to a very large section of users i would of thought. If you think about it for a few mins, a lot of peeps that are buying new TV's will be buying 4K tv's. Most content for a 4k tv is streamed, even if it's through SkyQ. One 4k film, even a compressed film via SkyQ, will be 25GB+. Try downloading that at night when your being throttled by your ISP and you will get annoyed very quickly. Try doing it twice a month when your monthly limit is 50GB and you will get even more annoyed. At the moment i'm only just over a 2 weeks into the current month and have used 50.3GB and i'm a light user.
As you said, Zen don't traffic manage and are unlimited. Perfect for peeps that want to take advantage of streaming and using the net as it is supposed to be.

Well said

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User steve14
(learned) Mon 20-Feb-17 08:46:58
Print Post

I've been with Zen for a couple of years was on BT FTTC before. BT weren't bad really, but I'm a heavy user so I'm prepared to pay extra for good service and a perfect connection. I had one period of connection issues, but I think it was around the time Zen were doing system upgrades. Other than that it has been plain sailing.
Standard User cssuk
(regular) Sat 25-Feb-17 09:37:49
Print Post

am very surprised sky dont offer the same have you asked them about the sky pro service? totally unlimited and full speed on fibre with a static ip
Standard User bwlmog
(learned) Sat 25-Feb-17 09:40:16
Print Post

[re: cssuk] [link to this post]

Thanks for the post, I did check but not available in my area. I ended up starting with BT as they offered Fibre and line rental for £36 a month on 18month contract.
  Print Thread

Jump to