User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-17 14:13:31
Print Post

LLU/unbundling

[link to this post]

Anyone know whether Zen are using LLU operators in any part of the country to provide either phone lines or fibre?
We were assured that the move of our business line was just a billing exercise & that it was still a BT line, yet on also buying fibre from them we now have an unexplained situation where the fibre has been delayed pending the phone line being moved to Zen which I find difficulty to understand unless it is an unbundled line. Talk Talk/Sky both provide unbundled services on our exchange. Zen have not, as yet, been as forthcoming with an explanation as I would like, especially as the sale to us of our telecoms services was on the basis of them being BT based!
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-17 16:04:53
Print Post

Re: LLU/unbundling

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

Zen use WLR3 (i.e. BT) for voice. For broadband, they use their own backhaul network if possible, otherwise they use BT Wholesale.

Their preferred position is bundled voice and broadband, but if you have WLR3 voice from another provider (such as BT Retail or Pulse 8), they will sell just broadband if you wish.

If they are taking control of the voice element, there is a mandatory delay to allow a period for you to object to the move to Zen as a precaution against slamming. It may well be that they've chosen to delay the provision of broadband until they have control of the voice element of your line.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-17 17:16:51
Print Post

Re: LLU/unbundling

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks, that explains it - the last sentence seems to cover the most likely reason!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to