User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Wed 05-Apr-17 14:49:58
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss of 40%


[re: DougM] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by DougM:
Hi lexden16,

I started having a packet loss issue around the same date, and I also use a Fritz!Box 7490. Two engineer visits and no faults could be found; the JSU showed the line was perfect.

I heard about another Fritz user with the same symptoms, and I checked and noticed that Fritz!OS 06.80 was released around that time. I used the DSL option to use the previous DSL formware, and since then my errors have disappeared and my line rate has restored: it took DLM a couple of weeks but I'm back to where I was. I've avoided upgrading to Fritz!OS 06.83 since it doesn't mention and DSL fixes.

You may not have the same issue, but downgrading the DSL firmware might be worth a shot.


The timings don't work for me, and I did back revert to 6.52 for a day or so but the graphs still looked awful. I have now been on 6.83 for a few days so I am not convinced that it is linked to the firmware. I may be wrong so I have sent AVM a full diagnostics test.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Apr-17 21:13:18
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss of 40%


[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Not quite sure how this showed up as a cease. A cease should only happen if the underling WLR/MPF is cancelled or the FTTC service is stopped.

It should have been a migration or possibly, a C/S-VLAN move (I am not sure how BTWholesale deal with this). If that's the case, it would have shown on the systems and stopped anyone else from placing an order.
It's classed a cease of WBMC as far as BTWholesale are concerned and a provide of GEA even though it is, in reality, a WBMC>>GEA migration I had the same message appear in the Wholesale checker myself last year, but it doesn't give a message when there is a GEA >>> wbmc migration
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Thu 06-Apr-17 07:45:49
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss of 40%


[re: tommy45] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by tommy45:
In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Not quite sure how this showed up as a cease. A cease should only happen if the underling WLR/MPF is cancelled or the FTTC service is stopped.

It should have been a migration or possibly, a C/S-VLAN move (I am not sure how BTWholesale deal with this). If that's the case, it would have shown on the systems and stopped anyone else from placing an order.
It's classed a cease of WBMC as far as BTWholesale are concerned and a provide of GEA even though it is, in reality, a WBMC>>GEA migration I had the same message appear in the Wholesale checker myself last year, but it doesn't give a message when there is a GEA >>> wbmc migration


Customer confusion/concern could be eliminated if the ISP sent out an explanatory e-mail rather than just post the migration as an order in the customer's portal. Looking at the portal is not something that I do that often given that my weekly router e-mail has all the connection information that I need.


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hoopla
(member) Sun 09-Apr-17 16:17:27
Print Post

Re: Packet Loss of 40%


[re: lexden16] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by lexden16:
The timings don't work for me, and I did back revert to 6.52 for a day or so but the graphs still looked awful. I have now been on 6.83 for a few days so I am not convinced that it is linked to the firmware. I may be wrong so I have sent AVM a full diagnostics test.
I had horrendous problems a few months ago following a Fritz.box update. This was on a 7390, but the principle is the same.

Normally the connection is through the Openreach-supplied Huawei modem, but after the firmware update, the Fritz.box couldn't establish a connection through it. It would work (after a fashion) using its own modem, but only slowly and unreliably.

After much faffing about and downgrading/upgrading firmware, I found the solution. I backed up all the settings of the Fritz.box, then did a factory reset, and restored all but the settings related to the internet connection. Problem solved!

I very strongly advise you to try the same. Seems that update following update can leave the Fritz.box in a bit of an iffy state.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to