User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User No_One
(committed) Mon 20-Mar-17 16:47:54
Print Post

Re: New order appeared in customer portal

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Thanks for clearing this up. I didn't receive any email from Zen and for some reason I've always thought that you'd only be on Zens backhaul if you took both broadband and phone with them. I'm still using the openreach modem that I got when it was originally installed so don't have access to any line stats other than what is displayed in the customer portal
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 20-Mar-17 17:02:54
Print Post

[re: No_One] [link to this post]

No e-mail either. One of the other issues with GEA and an open profile is that Zen's Line Data does not update and you cannot get a profile off BT's checker. At least with a Fritz!Box I can see what is happening on my line.

No G.INP on my line: I live in the ECI cabinet World.
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Mar-17 07:49:08
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lexden16:
One of the other issues with GEA and an open profile is that Zen's Line Data does not update and you cannot get a profile off BT's checker.
My Zen line data continues to update on GEA, though, obviously, the BT Wholesale checker ceases to be of any use. I have an unlocked HG612, so have access to full line data from that device.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 22-Mar-17 21:15:43
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

It didn't benefit me as i got routed to London from the north west when routed via their manchester peering offered lower latency to several destinations and make little sense IMO being routed via London everything should not revolve around that place

I still have a line in 020 7/SE1 which is routed via Manchester... All the others go where there supposed to (London)
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Wed 22-Mar-17 21:28:36
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by David_W:
One of the other issues with GEA and an open profile is that Zen's Line Data does not update and you cannot get a profile off BT's checker.
My Zen line data continues to update on GEA, though, obviously, the BT Wholesale checker ceases to be of any use. I have an unlocked HG612, so have access to full line data from that device.

No update since the 11th March which shows a max throughput of 65.1. My actual throughput is 78 on an open profile.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 22-Mar-17 23:10:14
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IamQ:
It didn't benefit me as i got routed to London from the north west when routed via their manchester peering offered lower latency to several destinations and make little sense IMO being routed via London everything should not revolve around that place

I still have a line in 020 7/SE1 which is routed via Manchester... All the others go where there supposed to (London)
In my case it was their link at my exchange that had been set up this way and told me it was unlikely to be changed, and this was a recent exchange presence for zen, you would think for those located nearest to their manchester Peering points would be routed to that, and those in the south of the country via london
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to