User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Tue 23-May-17 11:38:47
Print Post

Help & Advice - BT Infinity to Zen FTTC Migration Fail

[link to this post]

Hi

Just looking for some general advice about what I can do (if anything) about a migration that didn't take place yesterday and may now be delayed until 1st June.

I was due to migrate yesterday - after being with BT Infinity for 5 years, they sent me a goodbye email at 06:30 then promptly disconnected all fibre and phone services.

Spoke to Zen Tech support (who are brilliant I must say) several times during the day and was advised that it could take up to midnight to activate my line. The last person I spoke to managed my expectation and said it was highly unlikely to happen until the next day - and to call back at 08:00 this morning if still not connected.

Several phone calls later this morning I have been advised by Zen that the issue is now with the BT escalation team and will take up to 5 working days or longer as it's a Bank Holiday weekend to be resolved(!!).

Apparently, there is an exception on the line - which was explained to me as a 'virtual tick in a box' was missing and that there was no fault on my end.

I totally understand that Zen (and other ISPs) are at the beck and call of OR, but surely this can't be right? I thought Ofcom put in processes to stop this kind of thing happening? If I had known that this would happen, I would have stayed with BT. It just feels that yet again, the customer loses out.

If I cancel my Zen order now - is it as simple as BT taking my line again and 'flicking' a virtual switch?

Apologies for my post... I'm just a very frustrated Zen customer at the moment and want to understand my options (if any) or how I can expedite this issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance you can offer to help me resolve this.

snurkle

Edited by snurkle (Tue 23-May-17 11:41:33)

Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Wed 31-May-17 14:59:55
Print Post

Re: Help & Advice - BT Infinity to Zen FTTC Migration Fail

[re: snurkle] [link to this post]

My line is still not activated - and have no idea if/when it will be successfully migrated over to Zen. I am beyond frustrated and feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. All I want is the service I paid for and have yet to receive.

Spoke to Ofcom today who can't give advice or get involved with individual cases (which is fair enough).

Essentially my options are to keep calling Zen and pester them until the issue is resolved - then go through the complaints procedure or cancel my order with Zen and request a full refund which will then remove the 'open order' on my line and will allow me to move to another ISP within 16 days.

Neither option is satisfactory in my opinion. If anyone reading this finds themselves in a similar predicament with Zen (or any other ISP) through no fault of their own - above are your options.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-May-17 15:07:32
Print Post

Cancelling the migration now while feeling satisfying for a few seconds is likely to not solve anything as the problem will still exist, and systems would require a new order to provide service, and if the issue is something odd you might still have the same issue.

Does your VDSL2 modem show any signs of a sync? i.e. downstream connection and upstream connection speeds?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Wed 31-May-17 15:27:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cancelling the migration now while feeling satisfying for a few seconds is likely to not solve anything as the problem will still exist, and systems would require a new order to provide service, and if the issue is something odd you might still have the same issue.

Does your VDSL2 modem show any signs of a sync? i.e. downstream connection and upstream connection speeds?

Hi Andrew

The problem I'm facing is an authentication issue - I was told that the BTOR engineer has 'not ticked a virtual box' allowing my line to authenticate. I was also told this can be done remotely by BTOR - yet 10 days on still no further forward and no internet.

I get a full sync on my BTOR Modem (HG612) 79,999 DS and 20,000 US but fails on authentication.

I hear what you're saying about cancelling - but there was nothing wrong with my line before the migration started and I have been told repeatedly by Zen there is nothing wrong with my line or my connection to the Cab/exchange now.

I don't want to cancel and start over again - but this is now turning into a horrendous nightmare with no end in sight. What choice do I have?

I'm so disappointed and truly regret migrating to Zen.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 31-May-17 15:43:21
Print Post

Okay so authentication issue will follow you around now until someone fixes it, so its stick with Zen or find another operator who think will fix it.

Sounds simple, but you have absolutely confirmed you are using the correct credentials? i.e. its not uncommon to have username/login for the broadband that are different to the web page login to look at your account.

A way of checking that is to try the login details on another connection that already works with Zen, in the days when people had dial-up modems you could use the Zen backup dial-up service to check this too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Wed 31-May-17 15:56:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Okay so authentication issue will follow you around now until someone fixes it, so its stick with Zen or find another operator who think will fix it.

Sounds simple, but you have absolutely confirmed you are using the correct credentials? i.e. its not uncommon to have username/login for the broadband that are different to the web page login to look at your account.

A way of checking that is to try the login details on another connection that already works with Zen, in the days when people had dial-up modems you could use the Zen backup dial-up service to check this too.

I'm as confident as I can be regarding my Zen credentials are correct - IT Support at Zen wanted to rule that out - so walked me through setup and log on. All credentials were correct and they confirmed it wasn't me.

Right now.... even dial up speeds would be amazing!
ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Thu 01-Jun-17 15:11:58
Print Post

Hi,

Can you PM me your username please? I work in our Core Network Engineering team so although I won't be able to help directly, hopefully I can find someone who can.

Thanks,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Fri 02-Jun-17 06:41:00
Print Post

[re: jongreen84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jongreen84:
Hi,

Can you PM me your username please? I work in our Core Network Engineering team so although I won't be able to help directly, hopefully I can find someone who can.

Thanks,

Jon

Thank you Jon, it's much appreciated. PM sent.
Standard User snurkle
(newbie) Sat 03-Jun-17 04:49:51
Print Post

A quick update... my line was finally activated yesterday!

Massive thanks to the team at Zen Internet for all their support and assistance in getting this fixed!!
ISP Representative jongreen84
(isp) Sat 03-Jun-17 15:09:18
Print Post

That is excellent news, which I'm very glad to hear! I did check on things yesterday afternoon and it looked hopeful. Niky passed on your thanks also, and it's very good to have you on board.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, and please do let me/us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Cheers,

Jon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to