User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 07:23:30
Print Post

Re: What happened to Zen's famous customer service?

[re: toph3r] [link to this post]

Agree
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 05-Jul-17 08:58:51
Print Post

The HG612 does support vectoring.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 05-Jul-17 13:01:49
Print Post

[re: craig1410] [link to this post]

One of the best ways for you to determine if you have a line problem is to set up 24*7 line monitoring using dslstats. In addition you can then upload the stats to mydslwebstats and make them available for others to see and comment on.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User craig1410
(member) Wed 05-Jul-17 13:20:35
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion - it reminds of the time maybe 10 years or so ago when I wrote a Ruby program to do exactly the same thing. It was when I was still on ADSL and I was having a terrible time with what turned out to be interference from a faulty street light outside my house. My program accessed my Speedtouch Router via Telnet and grabbed the stats and appended them to a CSV file for later analysis. It was only when I noticed the interference was happening at a slowly changing time each evening that I realised it was due to the light levels causing the street lights to come on at later/earlier times as the season changed. I then watched the lights coming on to see if one of them was flickering and sure enough there was one that flickered for a couple of minutes before firing up. I reported it to my council and they fixed it a few days later. Result!

I've got a number of Raspberry Pis lying around so I'll maybe get DSL Stats running and see what it yields.

Thanks,
Craig.

ZeN Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 up to 76Mbps (Typ. 56Mbps dn / 20 Mbps up)
Apple Airport Express + Time Capsule
Apple Macbook Pro Retina/ iPad Air / iPhone 5
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:11:42
Print Post

So looks like you're not prepared to invest in some decent equipment to ensure you have a stable connection.

Shame. I would.
Standard User craig1410
(member) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:28:17
Print Post

I think you misunderstand me - once I confirm if my DSL line is stable with the new router then I'll consider the cost/benefit of any potential upgrades. But like any business owner, I need to be convinced of the benefits before I will incur the costs. Besides, I'm still not convinced that the TG589vac isn't "decent equipment" and will make that evaluation when I see and use it.

ZeN Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 up to 76Mbps (Typ. 56Mbps dn / 20 Mbps up)
Apple Airport Express + Time Capsule
Apple Macbook Pro Retina/ iPad Air / iPhone 5
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:46:56
Print Post

I agree in so far as the TG589vac should result in a stable line for you. If that isn't holding a sync, then something is potentially wrong outside of your control and should be raised for investigation.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to