User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User savamac
(member) Tue 15-Aug-17 14:16:25
Print Post

Zen Mail Space

[link to this post]

Couple of queries :

I currently have a mail address of zen123456@zen.co.uk - how much mail space does this give me (I can't find this defined anywhere) ?

Part 2 : I have my own domain www.bloggs.co.uk - if I transfer this domain to Zen (they then host it),
(a) can I have an email address of sid@bloggs.co.uk (which doesn't require forwarding as it's on a Zen box) and
(b) do I have to purchase mail space on the Zen box (cost ?) ?

Part 3 : I use Outlook - will I be able to download my mail from zen.co.uk and bloggs.co.uk to Outlook ?

Worcester Park Exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSWOR

It's only rock 'n' roll...

Old programmers never die, they just abend 0C4 ..
Standard User sergiup
(learned) Wed 13-Sep-17 14:14:33
Print Post

Re: Zen Mail Space

[re: savamac] [link to this post]

"how much mail space does this give me" - no idea, good question! I can't seem to find an answer either.

2(a) absolutely
(b) if you wanted to keep it simple, you would want to transfer your domain to Zen (and therefore pay them the yearly domain fee instead of your current registrar), and you would need to purchase some sort of hosting plan. I don't think Zen offer pure email-only hosting plans, so you'd be looking at a Web hosting plan which comes with mailboxes (I think £5.99 per month is the cheapest).

Alternatively and depending on how many mailboxes you want, you could keep your domain with whatever registrar you want, and set up a Google Apps or Office365 plan which would give you email, storage, Office365 if you choose the MS option, etc all on your own @bloggs.co.uk domain. Google Apps works out cheaper unless you also want MS Office, in which case O365 would probably be the better choice. There are plenty of comparisons online.

3) Absolutely, regardless of email provider, you should be able to do this on any of them.

My own, purely personal opinion given that I have a comfortable enough level of technical knowledge: I would keep my domain registered wherever, and set up GApps or O365 for my own domain, which takes care of email etc. I don't like using an actual email client and download emails, I prefer webmail and I'll pretty much always leave the emails on the server.
Standard User savamac
(member) Wed 13-Sep-17 17:14:52
Print Post

Re: Zen Mail Space

[re: sergiup] [link to this post]

Thanks for the comments :

What I ended up doing is utilising the (free) small amount of webmail space my registrar provides (and therefore not forwarding everything to Zen). I download all my email regularly to Outlook and am happy with it being deleted from the server.

Things seem to be working fine now, so... "if it ain't broke etc."

Worcester Park Exchange http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LSWOR

It's only rock 'n' roll...

Old programmers never die, they just abend 0C4 ..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to