User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Wed 16-Aug-17 18:49:31
Print Post

Will - the Deal?

[link to this post]

I have just received an e-mail from Will - the Deal informing me that they have negotiated a 25% discount from Zen. When I click on the link it does show that I could get my present product for £36 per month compared to the £47 that I am paying at the moment. I need to read the small print to see if this offer is available to existing customers.

Edit:

It's in the FAQ:

If you are already a customer of Zen then, no problem. Simply call our Zen team and they will arrange for you to get your Big Deal.
Simply call us on 01706 902696

Edited by lexden16 (Wed 16-Aug-17 19:06:41)

Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Thu 17-Aug-17 11:31:04
Print Post

Re: Will - the Deal?

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Yes,

https://www.zen.co.uk/thebigdeal/Promotion/Packages

And on those pages:

"Already a Zen customer?
If you are already a customer of Zen then, no problem. Simply call our Zen team and they will arrange for you to get your Big Deal.
Simply call us on 01706 902696"

The only catch I can see is a 24 Month contract. Also I think the offer ends on the 22nd August.

I find it tempting, but one of the things I don't like is long contracts. 12 months maximum is my preferred longest contract. I happen to be in a 12 month contract right now because I went up to an 80/20 package, didn't work, downgraded back to 40/10.

When you do that Zen put on another 12 month contract. So for me that deal is another 12 months on top of that. Although I've been with Zen for 11 years I like to keep my options open. So I'm thinking about it.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1

Edited by TygerTyger2010 (Thu 17-Aug-17 12:58:51)

Standard User lexden16
(committed) Thu 17-Aug-17 16:22:52
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

I thought about it and called them this afternoon. After a brief discussion about the need to do it online, the switch was carried out by customer service. I have already got a £10+ credit note and my Fritz!Box is on its way.

With a saving of £132 per year and a free router (which they say is mine to use or sell on as I wish), I will accept the pain of a 2 year contract. I have been a Zen customer for nearly 6 years and, apart from a couple of blips, my line has been running at near max speed on a 80/20 connection. I confess Sky's offer was better but I just couldn't convince myself of the merits of buying more from Sky than I need to. At least with Zen, I am going from the known to the known.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Aug-17 17:32:42
Print Post

What Fritz!Box is it?
Is it the 3490 ?

I have the 3390 (Modem / Router) and 4040 (Router) both are nice devices, its a shame they couldn't work on my connection frown

I am currently using a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (Router) which seems to be ok so far.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | FTTP Infinity 4 (DDNS) #1
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Thu 17-Aug-17 19:49:05
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
What Fritz!Box is it?
Is it the 3490 ?

I have the 3390 (Modem / Router) and 4040 (Router) both are nice devices, its a shame they couldn't work on my connection frown

I am currently using a Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (Router) which seems to be ok so far.

Paul

Itís the 3490. I have a 7490 on my connection which hasnít missed a beat in 3 years.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-Aug-17 20:06:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by lexden16:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
What Fritz!Box is it?
Is it the 3490 ?

Paul

Itís the 3490. I have a 7490 on my connection which hasnít missed a beat in 3 years.

They sure are ugly, but they do work well, my brother is also using a 3390 Modem / Router on his Zen FTTC Connection and hasn't had any issues as far as I am aware.

Just don't let young kids near it, it cannot fly LOL.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
(regular) Thu 17-Aug-17 21:18:10
Print Post

You get a free router too, even as an existing customer ?!! That sweetens the deal.

I'm in the "Do I take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill" mindset right now. I can only ask Zen, but I wonder as I'm already on a 12 month contract whether that would be included in the 24 months total, or would it be 36 months for me ? (actually around 34 months).

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
(regular) Thu 17-Aug-17 21:27:43
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Ugly ? I just did a Google image search UNSEE! ... EYEBLEACH!.... Do you need to perform an Exorcism before powering it up ?? laugh

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Standard User Ixel
(member) Thu 17-Aug-17 21:50:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by TygerTyger2010:
You get a free router too, even as an existing customer ?!! That sweetens the deal.

I'm in the "Do I take the Red Pill or the Blue Pill" mindset right now. I can only ask Zen, but I wonder as I'm already on a 12 month contract whether that would be included in the 24 months total, or would it be 36 months for me ? (actually around 34 months).

Unless you're a business, residential customers can't be put on to a contract that's more than 24 months as far as I know, OFCOM banned them.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2011/may/26/ofcom-...
Standard User IanBB
(committed) Thu 17-Aug-17 22:28:06
Print Post

This thread needs a public health warning!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to