User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Fri 18-Aug-17 16:39:43
Print Post

Re: Will - the Deal?

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lexden16:
The Fritz!Box arrived by DPD at lunchtime. Some of the set up settings have been configured but they are changeable.

Great ! Zen did mention on the phone that it would be sent pre-setup.

I'm going to decide over the weekend ,since Monday 21st is the last day of the offer. I'm just looking at the 24 months and still weighing it up. It's really about 12-14 months for me since I am in contract right now.

It's a saving of about £13 a month for me, which is a fair bit of money over 2 years. I'm almost certainly going to sell the new router as my existing router is adequate. The 3490 seems to retail for a minimum of £90-100.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 18-Aug-17 17:15:32
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Hi, Our estimates come from Openreach. We don't make any alterations at all.

Our speed guarantee isn't new, we've just made it a little more prominent. It's related to our support of Ofcom's voluntary code of conduct on Broadband speeds . We've been signatories of the code for many years.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(regular) Fri 18-Aug-17 18:33:48
Print Post

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

For those interested I phoned Zen sales just to ask a few more questions before committing.

The new contract can be done over the phone for existing customers, as I understand it.

There is a one off £35 surcharge. They write off your existing contract and then restart your contract, so it's 24 months from when you begin this new Big Deal contract.

I still haven't 100% decided yet .. 24 months, but pretty big savings.. Dang .. What would you do ?

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 18-Aug-17 23:05:26
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

ok thanks for clarifying on the guarantee, I am willing to pm you details of my address if you want to investigate more the checker results. Let me know. smile

I can confirm the BTw checker is "now" whacked, so this isnt your fault. wow smile

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 18-Aug-17 23:31:26)

Standard User kebabselector
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 23:09:30
Print Post

I'm tempted, the price reduction will offset a bit of the John Lewis Broadband (2nd) line I've had installed. Not a fan of 24 months, but I've been happy with Zen for the last 10 years or so.

Only issue I can see if is Fibre turns up for me - although the cab is currently not in any upgrade plans so I don't expect anything in the short term.

Also, my current Draytek router is going bonkers (the LEDs are anyway) so maybe that's due to be retired.

ISP's:
Zen: Around 6mb down - .8mb up
JohnLewis BB: Around 6mb down - .6mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - Virgin rates variable so not bothering with them.....

Edited by kebabselector (Fri 18-Aug-17 23:14:39)

(regular) Sat 19-Aug-17 00:39:31
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

I'm 99% sure I'll go for the offer. I would be daft not to. It's about £13 quid a month saving, I've been with Zen for 11 years and I've always had good service.

I'm in contract for about the next 10 months anyhow. At the end of that I would most likely continue on with Zen. If I did go for another ISP it would be someone like, Uno, Pulse8, IDNet, A&A etc. I prefer those ISP's to the big providers (BT, Sky etc).

If I don't take the deal, all I'm effectively doing is paying £13 pounds a month for the privilege of hopping to another ISP within a 30 day contract, and that is about a year away as it stands for me right now.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Standard User kebabselector
(member) Sat 19-Aug-17 00:41:32
Print Post

I think I would in your position. Myself I think I will also, although I'll speak to them first.

/edit signed up for it now. £23.90 for my ADSL line (90p is for caller display) It seems quite flexible as I can add on the call package if required and it's switchable to a fibre should that arrive.

So dropping from a current price of around £36 to 23.90 is a nice saving. I was worried about the £35 surcharge mentioned earlier, but that's not applicable for me with ADSL.

ISP's:
Zen: Around 6mb down - .8mb up
JohnLewis BB: Around 6mb down - .6mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - Virgin rates variable so not bothering with them.....

Edited by kebabselector (Sat 19-Aug-17 09:24:13)

(regular) Sun 20-Aug-17 08:12:13
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

I wonder what the £35 surcharge is for ? I didn't ask when I phoned on Friday, and Zen sales is closed today, to the best of my knowledge.

I assumed it was just a charge lumped on to cover some of the costs of the router, or something. Does the ADSL deal include a free router with it?

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Standard User marjohn56
(newbie) Sun 20-Aug-17 18:26:34
Print Post

It covers admin and a free router ( which I will never use! )

However over the two years it will be a saving hence the reason I grabbed the deal!

HG612 -> pfSense 2.4B

--------------------------------------------------------
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
(regular) Sun 20-Aug-17 18:54:00
Print Post

[re: marjohn56] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by marjohn56:
It covers admin and a free router ( which I will never use! )

However over the two years it will be a saving hence the reason I grabbed the deal!

I relate well to what you are saying, I agree about the saving, and I'm planning to sign up tomorrow despite STILL going "24 months!, Ouch" wink

However kebabselector apparently didn't get charged the £35 because he is on ADSL ?? I'm on FTTC so what do you think the reasons for that would be ?

I'm an 11 year veteran of Zen, on FTTC, not ADSL, but I'm going to be charged £35 extra ? I don't know why that is precisely. Perhaps if you don't take the free router you get a discount ??

I can't ask Zen right now, although I'm going to when I phone them up. I'm a wee bit sore about the £35 quid. Perhaps there Is something I'm missing here that would explain things, but I don't know what.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to