User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Geordish
(regular) Sun 20-Aug-17 19:31:03
Print Post

Re: Will - the Deal?

[re: TygerTyger2010] [link to this post]

Zen sell ADSL with only a 1 month (ie no) contract.

FTTC is sold with a 12 month contract.

Presumably the £35 surcharge is to exit your contract early.
Standard User TygerTyger2010
(regular) Sun 20-Aug-17 19:54:36
Print Post

[re: Geordish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Geordish:
Zen sell ADSL with only a 1 month (ie no) contract.

FTTC is sold with a 12 month contract.

Presumably the £35 surcharge is to exit your contract early.

You could be on the right path here... I forgot about the ADSL

Maybe there are some changed T&C now with Zen, and I'm just not looking properly. However. when I started with Zen in 2015 it was 12 months for the first year of FTTC.

Then it went to a 30 day rolling contract, unless you upgraded to UL fibre 2, and then back down again to UL fibre 1. Also some other permutations of contract, there is a chart on Zen's site somewhere.

I happen to be on a 12 month contract with (about) 10 months to go because I regraded (UL2 didn't work on my line). I would expect if I stayed on it to be on a 30 day contract for FTTC by 2018.

Anyhow I need to talk to Zen about it, but some parts don't add up for me. I'm whining a bit here, but not too much. It's still a good deal and I'm going to take it.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Standard User kebabselector
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 11:05:50
Print Post

I did ask about the £35 charge after the order went through, seems it is for VDSL connections. Thanks to Openreach for saving me money!!

ISP's:
Zen: Around 6mb down - .8mb up
JohnLewis BB: Around 6mb down - .6mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - Virgin rates variable so not bothering with them.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Mon 21-Aug-17 13:38:26
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kebabselector:
I did ask about the £35 charge after the order went through, seems it is for VDSL connections. Thanks to Openreach for saving me money!!

I signed up an hour ago. Asked a bit about the fee. Basically the £35 is an internal admin fee for the regrade from your current FTTC to the Big Deal FTTC. The staff member I spoke to said to me, not in a lot of detail, that it had been discussed by the staff with Da Management at Zen and they wouldn't flex on it. So there you go.

My new router will probably arrive tomorrow.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 13:48:34
Print Post

Hopefully my router will be delivered tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if anything changes speed wise with a new bit of kit.

ISP's:
Zen: Around 6mb down - .8mb up
JohnLewis BB: Around 6mb down - .6mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - Virgin rates variable so not bothering with them.....
(member) Wed 23-Aug-17 00:21:19
Print Post

Re: Will - the Deal? *DELETED*

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Post deleted by kebabselector (just got a little confused about the Fritz box install - all is well now!)

Edited by kebabselector (Wed 23-Aug-17 00:40:27)

Standard User LightFantastic
(newbie) Wed 23-Aug-17 10:01:03
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I've just come across this thread as I've been away and thought "Damn!" as the offer ended yesterday!

I'm an existing Zen customer (10 years) - currently 9 months into first year of Unlimited Fibre 2 with phone package - so I rang them up and he said it had finished yesterday but he would go and check something. Came back and said they and they could switch me to The Big Deal.

With a couple of calling features I have I was paying £56.80/month which would drop to £45.81/month, so saving £10.99/month. In the first year, taking into account the £35 set-up fee, I'll pay £96.88 less and second year will be £131.88, so £228.76 over two years. Seemed daft not to take the deal as I had no intention of switching from Zen, as long as the service remains the same! Plus I would have a use for the Fritzbox as an AP, so bonus there!

Thanks for posting up about this.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Wed 23-Aug-17 10:37:45
Print Post

[re: LightFantastic] [link to this post]

Thanks for your post. I had thought I had missed the deal too as it finished yesterday but after seeing your post rang them up today and my regrade to the Big Deal is going ahead so saving me £264 over the two years! Thanks again!
Standard User gregormac
(regular) Wed 23-Aug-17 15:32:06
Print Post

Well I signed up to today, got the fibre deal but boo hoo no free router as sales said I got a free router back in 2015 when I first joined them.

So not such a sweet deal after all...

80/20 FTTC

Edited by gregormac (Wed 23-Aug-17 15:32:48)

(regular) Wed 23-Aug-17 18:09:45
Print Post

[re: gregormac] [link to this post]

Very very strange? I got a free Technicolor TG589vn when I switched to FTTC in 2015, and also got it replaced under warranty with another one when my line got struck by lightning later on that in 2015. Maybe the real reason was something to do with signing up today when the offer had technically finished ?

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to