User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Aug-17 09:25:24
Print Post

Zen & G.Fast

[link to this post]

So I recently spotted a shiny new G.Fast pod attached to my PCP, which is about 320 meters away from my house, which was odd, as we weren't in the list of pilot areas.

However, OR have expanded the pilot areas, which would explain it: http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/08/openrea...

So my question is when will Zen offer a G.Fast product, or will I have to move to BT to take (timely) advantage of it?

Cheers,
AP

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Aug-17 09:37:48
Print Post

Re: Zen & G.Fast

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

Only need to get excited once https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-g... says you can order G.fast

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Aug-17 09:40:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I understand that. I'm asking if Zen are going to be offering a G.Fast product soon, regardless of when, specifically, I can take advantage of it.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 18-Aug-17 09:47:41
Print Post

[re: AndyPandy] [link to this post]

HI, The short answer is Yes we will be offering G.fast services soon.

At the moment we don't have an exact launch date.

However, if it's enabled in your area feel free to PM me and I'll double check availability - I may be able to add you to our G.fast trial.But please remember the trial isn't the finished article and so may not be exactly what you're looking for,

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 18-Aug-17 09:54:26
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

I think that's the first time I've seen an ISP here say they've got a G.Fast trial.
Better crew up the phones wink
Standard User AndyPandy
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-Aug-17 10:02:25
Print Post

PM sent smile

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2
Fritz!Box 3390
Standard User Ixel
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 10:18:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by ajays:
HI, The short answer is Yes we will be offering G.fast services soon.

At the moment we don't have an exact launch date.

However, if it's enabled in your area feel free to PM me and I'll double check availability - I may be able to add you to our G.fast trial.But please remember the trial isn't the finished article and so may not be exactly what you're looking for,

Do you know if Unlimited Fibre 1 / 2 customers still in contract can upgrade to G.fast or will they have to pay something like the full contract value remaining as an ETC, or perhaps a discounted ETC? As I regraded a few days ago down to UF1.

Edited by Ixel (Fri 18-Aug-17 10:18:41)

ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 18-Aug-17 10:52:28
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

HI, We only currently have ETCs for downgrades. Upgrades in contract don't have any fees.

However, our G.fast trial is run alongside your existing Zen service - i.e. it has to be on a new/second line. We'll obviously remove this requirement when we launch G.Fast as a full product.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Ixel
(member) Fri 18-Aug-17 11:00:33
Print Post

Great! That's good news. I was worried because I'm in contract for UF1 now due to the regrade that I'd be stuck with that for a year if I wanted to go to G.fast once it's officially out of pilot and live smile Thanks!

Edited by Ixel (Fri 18-Aug-17 11:01:05)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 18-Aug-17 11:20:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks Andrew

Interesting my exchange is on the list, no pods yet tho on the 2 cabinets near me.

List seems a random order, I had to search for Leicester as they all separate in different parts of the list.

I assume tho that an exchange been mentioned of course doesnt mean every cabinet on the exchange gets upgraded. But there seems to be no post code checker like there was for FTTC planning.

--edit--

The document says FTTP/FOD availability doesnt mention g.fast, are you sure that url you provided actually shows g.fast planned areas?

looks like the site is broken

this link you can enter postcode

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadb...

but for me it just redirects to the link you gave, no check result.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 18-Aug-17 11:33:48)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to