User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jack8
(experienced) Tue 19-Sep-17 23:21:11
Print Post

Zen Internet not working

[link to this post]

Hi anyone else lost there connection it's been out for over 20 mins

1664 the best year
Standard User Aaron_01
(member) Tue 19-Sep-17 23:33:22
Print Post

Re: Zen Internet not working

[re: jack8] [link to this post]

Down for maintenance when I check my number, doesn't say why, or whether this is Zen only or all adsl/vdsl ISPs.

http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

Edited by Aaron_01 (Tue 19-Sep-17 23:33:54)

Standard User deezel
(newbie) Wed 20-Sep-17 10:00:05
Print Post

[re: Aaron_01] [link to this post]

Yes mines been down this morning but i got an e-mail yesterday telling me they were changing my connection over to a new system , which has now [censored] my connection up and put me on interleaved , i've been on fast path for the past 20 years , plus synch speed has gone down from Connection Speed (Kbps)= 21575, to a now useless Connection Speed (Kbps)= 18189
plus a 10001 errror seconds and loads of fec errors etc . plus buffereng badly on Netflix etc
why can't they leave things that are working ok to start with !!!!!!!!!
Even worse now down to 1500 connection speed and pings to bbc up to 45 from my usual 15 ms

Edited by deezel (Wed 20-Sep-17 11:55:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Cruncher
(member) Wed 20-Sep-17 10:25:47
Print Post

[re: jack8] [link to this post]

Mine was down last night too.

Standard User Ixel
(member) Wed 20-Sep-17 11:15:33
Print Post

[re: deezel] [link to this post]

What a coincidence, my connection was suffering almost 1 ES for every second of uptime, FTTC, then interleaving kicked in at INP 3, delay 8ms. Connection has started to get worse again and looks like INP 4 or worse is due. Unfortunately it looks like I can't get any further to resolving the problem however, at least that's the feeling I got from the phone call I got yesterday after the 'voice engineer (not a broadband engineer)' found no fault on the line but he suspected I might be on a faulty port at the DSLAM. But unless I'm prepared to risk possible call out charges, I don't think I can get anything else done or looked at and I was told by the engineer that most engineers or DCoE will just say "connection synced, speed within range, FEC errors don't matter even if DLM is masking the CRC errors now". My only other option is to buy a second line and hope it's a faulty port on the DSLAM, then later on cease the first one once it's out of contract.
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Wed 20-Sep-17 18:33:50
Print Post

[re: Aaron_01] [link to this post]

This BT PEW was the culprit.

No details - and oddly no other ISP had this PEW listed.

If someone from Zen is paying attention - any chance of more details on these PEW's in general? A lot os them tell you to check the (BT) portal but provide no details. I'm not expecting individual alerts for every customer but some more info (especially when provided by BT) would be helpful - if only so we can plan. This outage wiped out primary & backup lines at sites all over the place... Not impressed...

The outage for 020 x was 22:46 - 00:54
Standard User deezel
(newbie) Wed 20-Sep-17 22:07:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by deezel:
Yes mines been down this morning but i got an e-mail yesterday telling me they were changing my connection over to a new system , which has now [censored] my connection up and put me on interleaved , i've been on fast path for the past 20 years , plus synch speed has gone down from Connection Speed (Kbps)= 21575, to a now useless Connection Speed (Kbps)= 18189
plus a 10001 errror seconds and loads of fec errors etc . plus buffereng badly on Netflix etc
why can't they leave things that are working ok to start with !!!!!!!!!
Even worse now down to 1500 connection speed and pings to bbc up to 45 from my usual 15 ms

Really [censored] tonight way down from usual down load
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User deezel
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 10:51:58
Print Post

My Broadband Ping

from not bad to useless right after the change over
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 21-Sep-17 19:43:35
Print Post

Changeover to what?

Post us a traceroute.
Standard User deezel
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 21:07:28
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by IamQ:
Changeover to what?

Post us a traceroute.

To this
As part of this on-going improvement programme, we are moving your existing broadband service over to new equipment within the Zen Internet network. On the planned date, moving equipment may occur at any time of the day and the change will take effect automatically. However, due to the nature of the work you may notice a brief disruption to your broadband service whilst the connection re-establishes. Once your service re-connects, your broadband service will perform as before.

100 times worse than before !
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to