User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Sep-17 10:10:56
Print Post

Zen problems today?

[link to this post]

Looking at my Broadband Ping I see lots of dropped packets over the last 24 hours. This only seems to be on ipv4, ipv6 is fine. Speed seems OK on v4 and v6.

Ringing Zen support puts you into a queue well over 15 minutes (gave up!) Is there a serious problem?

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited-and now ipv6!l)

Edited by ukwiz (Sat 23-Sep-17 10:14:26)

Standard User Ixel
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 10:18:00
Print Post

Re: Zen problems today?

[re: ukwiz] [link to this post]

That looks pretty bad. Mine isn't like that, though I still have an ongoing teething problem with packet loss and slow single thread download speeds. In the evenings sometimes the multi threaded speed test is also half what it should be (or worse). Here's mine for comparison ( https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/... ). Also here's a speed test I did a minute ago ( https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15061584015... ).

A queue of 15 minutes?! Holy moly, how many customers are complaining these days I wonder blush.

Kinda concerns me that Zen is possibly going downhill from the top standard it used to be at.

Edited by Ixel (Sat 23-Sep-17 10:22:23)

Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Sep-17 11:46:14
Print Post

I'm not seeing anything like that on the London connections I monitor. They're all pretty much like this.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Sep-17 11:56:31
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

That is how mine usually looks. This seems to be very recent. I can't look back over the last couple of days because (for some reason) BQM seems to have lost Thursday and Friday graphs.

Interestingly, the ipv6 monitoring is fine

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited-and now ipv6!l)
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Sep-17 12:00:35
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Usually my connection is very good - as is my support from Zen (except for today)

Speed test just now - ipv6 - My Broadband Speed Test
ipv4 - My Broadband Speed Test

David

Edited by ukwiz (Sat 23-Sep-17 12:06:10)

Standard User hoopla
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 13:45:23
Print Post

I have been getting a very similar graph on my monitor. It looks terrible!

However, I also have a SamKnows whitebox monitor on the same connection, which is not reporting any problems at all, and the connection subjectively seems to be working just fine.

So I suspect that there is something wrong with the monitoring. But the monitoring on another of my servers (not on a Zen connection) is perfect.
Standard User Ixel
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 13:51:48
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Maybe there's a problem with the specific route TBB is taking to reach the Zen connection, certain connections however.
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Sep-17 16:16:14
Print Post

Re: Zen problems continue

Problems have continued. Zen seeing up to 90% packet loss.

They are blaming the equipment I have attached to the router, and also said not to use TBB BQM because it is not accurate.

Strange that ipv6 BQM shows no problems at all

David

Edited by ukwiz (Tue 26-Sep-17 16:18:14)

Standard User Ixel
(member) Tue 26-Sep-17 17:06:18
Print Post

Damn, not good. I've found TBB BQM to be accurate. I also use fruk's (which uses AAISP's Firebrick and another device hosted elsewhere I believe - Rackspace?) and my own automated pings to google.com (using smokeping on my Synology NAS in my server cabinet at home). Comparing all of these they seem to match up with the packet loss I'm currently getting every evening or sometimes periodically throughout daytime on Zen. I'm waiting for an update from 'network investigations team'.
Standard User ukwiz
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Sep-17 17:34:01
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Well, I disconnected everything from the router - no difference. Where in the country are you? I am south Hampshire

David

BT (poor) -> Zen (excellent) -> O2 (started well, went downhill -> IDNet (No complaints - but 100GB cap) -> Zen (unlimited-and now ipv6!l) but huge packet loss
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to