User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deezel
(learned) Mon 13-Nov-17 21:53:55
Print Post

FTTC

[link to this post]

Made the big mistake of going from adsl+ to FTTC , ran great for 3 days getting 70 mb/s down 19 up , then modem reboots itself to slower speed approx 60 mb/s down and 19 up ,then today we have a power cut for 15 minutes and modem syncs at yet again a much slower speed at around 50 mb/s
Definitely not worth the extra per month FTTC is rubbish , a friend who it with BT is getting 74 mb/s download .
quiet line test= no noise , new vdsl face plate with cat 5e from socket to modem and it's still rubbish smile

plus latency has gone up from 12ms to between 33 and 60

Billion 8900 AX 2400
ZEN Unlimited 80/20 FTTC

Edited by deezel (Mon 13-Nov-17 21:57:45)

Standard User andew
(member) Mon 13-Nov-17 23:20:25
Print Post

Re: FTTC

[re: deezel] [link to this post]

what does the bt wholesale link checker say for your line speed wise? but it does sound like something isnt right with your line if latency has gone that high. I get 20-25 ms to bbc.co.uk from cornwall. Have you spoken to Zen support about this yet?

Regards

Andrew
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 18:18:16
Print Post

[re: andew] [link to this post]

DLM has decided it knows best and (unless there is a physical line fault) there is little/nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

If you sync is lower than the thresholds indicated on the BT Wholesale checker site you may be able to raise a fault, or even a hand-back - otherwise this is the world of FTTC and it sucks in that respect...

If you post some line stats etc someone will be able to offer some pointers.

I'm 5ms to the bbc via London & 40ms via Manchester. (On ADSL2+)

Edited by IamQ (Tue 14-Nov-17 18:19:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deezel
(learned) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:06:59
Print Post

[re: IamQ] [link to this post]

Aye that's what [censored] it all up when Interleaving came on after 3 days , how they call this Superfast broadband I don,t know ! it's not much better than adsl2
Anyway I can't be arsed with it any more I' ve replaced all sorts for nothing even had a so called expert PC bloke to check it all over and he says no faults found my end
No wonder it's on a years contract if it'd been a month I'd have left after the 1st month

Thanks anyway

Billion 8900 AX 2400
ZEN Unlimited 80/20 FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:17:18
Print Post

[re: deezel] [link to this post]

What you need to do is to get a modem that supports dslstats and then run dslstats 24*7 and upload the results to mydslwebstats. This will allow the analysis of your line to figure out what is going on.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Nov-17 22:34:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Or if 50 Mbps is no better than ADSL then save the money and downgrade back to ADSL again

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to