User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Sat 16-Dec-17 16:46:32
Print Post

Thinking of moving service?

[link to this post]

Have been disappointed at slow internet for a few months, suspect that it is in the backbone between local exchange and a regional node, which is probably a BT issue?, as 2 other Zen lines (fibre) are great in daytime but will be close to the regional node, so am considring a move!
BT have offered free adsl, unlimited, for 18 months, on a 1 month notice contract, if I keep the phone line with them ie pay £18.99 per month for the line including internet & free weekend calls!! - anyone got any experience of BT Internet compared with Zen?, I'll lose the fixed IP but gain unlimited use and on a 1 month notice contract can always switch away from them. Seems worth a try, as I've not seen any special offers being offered by Zen for having multiple accouts with them.
Ideas/views? Thanks
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 16-Dec-17 16:51:16
Print Post

Re: Thinking of moving service?

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ConsumersFriend:
Have been disappointed at slow internet for a few months, suspect that it is in the backbone between local exchange and a regional node, which is probably a BT issue?, as 2 other Zen lines (fibre) are great in daytime but will be close to the regional node, so am considring a move!
BT have offered free adsl, unlimited, for 18 months, on a 1 month notice contract, if I keep the phone line with them ie pay £18.99 per month for the line including internet & free weekend calls!! - anyone got any experience of BT Internet compared with Zen?, I'll lose the fixed IP but gain unlimited use and on a 1 month notice contract can always switch away from them. Seems worth a try, as I've not seen any special offers being offered by Zen for having multiple accouts with them.
Ideas/views? Thanks

Currently with BT Infinity 2 - no problems at all. Excellent stability and performance - as you say only issue is lack of static IP.
Moving to AAISP tho.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
Standard User ConsumersFriend
(committed) Sat 16-Dec-17 17:29:47
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

That's reassuring - I'm probably thinking back to all the issues of profiles on BT being reduced if there were a few reboots on the line and then being stuck with a slower line for weeks before it reset! Is adsl2+ on BTInternet less prone to that?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Jan-18 16:43:04
Print Post

[re: ConsumersFriend] [link to this post]

I think that is more of a backhaul (i.e. BT vs TT) issue than your ISP. I haven't noticed any problems personally.

BT support is [censored] however, so if you do end up with a reduced sync speed you may have difficulty getting BT to help quickly. I've had an 80Mbps line since VDSL2 got introduced but a few months ago it dropped to 73Mbps, BT were not interested and just told me to turn my homehub off and on to fix it (when I don't even have a homehub). So if that sort of thing annoys you then they may not be for you.

ZeN Fibre Unlimited 2
  Print Thread

Jump to