User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Wed 10-Jan-18 02:00:37
Print Post

Zen copper pair option (like AAISP)

[link to this post]

Before I contact them, does anyone know if Zen can do the "copper pair" option that AAISP do? An attractive option since I use VOIP for calls.

Thanks,

Dan
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Wed 10-Jan-18 09:27:18
Print Post

Re: Zen copper pair option (like AAISP)

[re: radiodan] [link to this post]

HI, No we don't do a copper pair only option.

However, we only charge an extra £10 for line rental when you order it alongside your broadband (i.e. a copper pair capable of making calls).

That's the same price as AAISP charge for just the copper pair.

-------------------------------------------------------
Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Thu 11-Jan-18 06:48:49
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

Thats indeed true - I am currently with Zen.

Thanks,

Dan

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User radiodan
(newbie) Thu 18-Jan-18 19:24:27
Print Post

No sorry, that is not true! Having just checked bills for both of my Zen services (business and residential), I am being charged £14.91 for line rental!

How come?

Dan
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Fri 19-Jan-18 16:14:24
Print Post

That is correct, but if you take line rental and broadband together as a bundle you also have received a discount. We knock the discount off the price of broadband.

When you take the discount into account line rental is effectively just £10 extra per month.

For example...

Unlimited Broadband + Line Rental costs £28.00 /month
Unlimited Broadband without Line Rental costs £18.00 /month

https://www.zen.co.uk/yourhome/broadband-packages/

Andrew
ZeN Internet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Fri 19-Jan-18 21:23:07
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ajays:
That is correct, but if you take line rental and broadband together as a bundle you also have received a discount. We knock the discount off the price of broadband.

When you take the discount into account line rental is effectively just £10 extra per month.

For example...

Unlimited Broadband + Line Rental costs £28.00 /month
Unlimited Broadband without Line Rental costs £18.00 /month

https://www.zen.co.uk/yourhome/broadband-packages/

Really? Funny how my monthly charge is made up of:
Line Rental Plus @ £19.58
Zen Fibre 1 @ £22.50
Factor in VAT and the total is £50.50
But this is of course an FTTC service + Line Rental with a call package.

The URL quoted points to an ADSL package where the £28 is an introductory offer for 12 months; thereafter it is £33. A 20% increase.for year 2 onwards, so effectively the line rental is £12.

Don't you just love it when ISPs are economical with the true facts to make their offerings look super attractive?
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Jan-18 23:59:23
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Don't you just love it when ISPs are economical with the true facts to make their offerings look super attractive?
Zen Fibre Broadband
Unlimited Fibre 1 £37.00 pm inc. line rental
Unlimited Fibre 1 £27.00 pm plus line rental.

Difference £10.

Don't forget you aren't paying just line rental but also for a call package. Rather than Zen being economical with the true facts it would appear you chose to ignore your calls package.
ISP Representative ajays
(isp) Mon 22-Jan-18 10:14:04
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

I'm not being economical with the truth, sorry if my last message was confusing or I didn't make things as clear as possible.

The OP asked if we could provide just a copper pair which indicated they didn't want a calls package or any other features. So for my comparison, I highlighted our basic Line Rental product with no added extras.

The extra we charge for basic line renal is the same whether you take ADSL or FTTC. Other deals or offers such as a further introductory discount have no impact on this.

For example...

Unlimited Fibre 2 + Line Rental costs £43.99 /mth the first 12 months (Then £46.99 /mth)
Unlimited Fibre 2 without Line Rental costs £34.00 /mth the first 12 months (Then £37.00 /mth)

So line rental is effectively just £9.99 extra per month for the first 12 months and then the same amount thereafter.

https://www.zen.co.uk/yourhome/superfast-fibre-broad...

Andrew
ZeN Internet
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Jan-18 19:36:25
Print Post

FYI, AAISP also provision the line as a business line. That means it has a 4 hour fault resolution time if one develops. Zen's will not be this way (unless you pay extra).

IDNet Fibre Unlimited 55/10 with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 Cloudflare Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » Zen (40/10 FTTC) | aaisp.net (40/10 FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?
  Print Thread

Jump to