User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sat 20-Jan-18 17:10:41
Print Post

FTTP modem liability when out of contract

[link to this post]

Something I meant to ask the Openreach engineer on Thursday.

After the first 12 months do I become responsible for the FTTP modem (for example if it dies or it's battery pack fails) do I have to pay the cost of replacement hardware or does the ethernet port on the bottom officially remain the end of Openreach's network meaning I just ring Zen and an OR engineer comes to correct rhe problem without any cost to me in the same way as if the problem was the switch or optical transceiver at the exchange?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Netgear D6400
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Jan-18 20:31:20
Print Post

Re: FTTP modem liability when out of contract

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

According to Openreach;
Openreach installs, owns and maintains up to the Network Terminating Point (NTP). This demarcation is at the voice and data ports on the ONT.
As for the battery back up unit;
Openreach warranties the battery for 90 days, where it then becomes the responsibility of the home owner.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Sun 21-Jan-18 16:24:28
Print Post

Re: FTTP modem liability when out of contract

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi Sarah

Thanks

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Netgear D6400
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to