User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gilesp
(regular) Mon 04-Jun-18 10:00:31
Print Post

Understanding Fritzbox weekly stats

[link to this post]

I get a weekly stats email from my fritzbox, which is quite interesting reading on a dull monday morning.

I'm not entirely sure what metric is used for 'Time online' though - is it time switched on and connected to the network, or is it time sending traffic across (and outside of?) the Local network?

I have 3 IP cameras, all are active (one is a bit flakey, but seem ok at the moment). Two (including the flakey one) say their average daily time online is 24h, the third says 0h.

All have been accessed internally (via mobile app or pc), albeit sometimes briefly, over the past week.

They're all wired, Fixed IP address via a different box controlling the DHCP, so in theory should only be hitting the fritzbox if they require internet access - this is worrying as they should be operating inside the firewall, I've not deliberately set external access. Should I be worried?
Standard User lexden16
(committed) Mon 04-Jun-18 10:31:40
Print Post

Re: Understanding Fritzbox weekly stats

[re: gilesp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gilesp:
I get a weekly stats email from my fritzbox, which is quite interesting reading on a dull monday morning.

I'm not entirely sure what metric is used for 'Time online' though - is it time switched on and connected to the network, or is it time sending traffic across (and outside of?) the Local network?

I have 3 IP cameras, all are active (one is a bit flakey, but seem ok at the moment). Two (including the flakey one) say their average daily time online is 24h, the third says 0h.

All have been accessed internally (via mobile app or pc), albeit sometimes briefly, over the past week.

They're all wired, Fixed IP address via a different box controlling the DHCP, so in theory should only be hitting the fritzbox if they require internet access - this is worrying as they should be operating inside the firewall, I've not deliberately set external access. Should I be worried?

It 5+ years of F!B use it is not something that I have ever considered. Looking at my latest e-mail, the Online Time relates to the last DSL re-synch (DSL training etc). My log shows that I was online (connected) for 24 hours yesterday; 48 hours for the current week; 37.45 for the last week which together give a total online time of 85.45 for the current month (taken from the last resynchronisation). This is purely F!B time and nothing to do with any connected accessories.
Standard User gilesp
(regular) Mon 04-Jun-18 10:43:28
Print Post

Re: Understanding Fritzbox weekly stats

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

I'm referring to the summery, by device, under the parental controls section of the email - perhaps this is an option that some folk switch off. Some devices I expect to be online more, such as servers desktop PCs and STBs but not webcams..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to