User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cssuk
(regular) Mon 20-Aug-18 09:30:45
Print Post

Re: Retain current price in exchange for extension of term

[re: dazbarber] [link to this post]

i cant believe folks still have limited connections and are happy with that!

my own opinion bearing in mind I have no idea what land line deal you have is to have a look at the wider offerings available out there as an example

sky offer an 18 month contract on ADSL which includes line rental at £18.00 a month this increases after the 18 months to 38.00 but you also get a £100.00 prepaid card into the deal so with the card thats just over 12.00 a month granted no calls included but you can pay a small fee to have all that added personally my Wife and I have included calls on our mobiles so a landline is never even plugged in.

I left Zen for Sky and was happy for 5 years brilliant service and connection previously i was with Zen for 6 years, have just left Sky for BT on a FTTP offer.

Seriously look around dont get stuck on just one ISP because of a perceived Quality of service offer truth is all isps are pretty good these days.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 21-Aug-18 15:31:27
Print Post

[re: dazbarber] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dazbarber:
At present I tend to use around 50GB (sometimes running out on the last day of the month) so paying an extra £60 per annum after a year wouldn't make sense but, if it's actually cheaper to go unlimited on a rolling 12 month contract then I'd jump on it. I'm sure I'd use a bit more on unlimited but it would be nice not having to worry about the cap.

I also have a Zen landline on a no-longer-available tariff which complicates things further although I think I'm best to stick with this until the rates are no longer frozen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
I just had a look at their site, and don't know what you are paying at the moment, but assume your phone contract and existing broadband contract are separate.

The figures you give here come from the "With line rental" option, where I expect your existing line contract would be terminated. What exactly happens and if there is a cost to that might be in their detailed T & Cs but that's going a bit deep not knowing your current costs.

There is a "Broadband" (only) tab on the page I'm referring to to the right of the "With line rental" one you quote from. Two identical products except the 12-month term is cheaper for that period.

Is there any mileage in taking one of those with your current line rental contract?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 70615/12459Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 21-Aug-18 15:34:11)

Standard User dazbarber
(member) Tue 21-Aug-18 23:41:11
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was referring to Broadband only. Currently i pay just over £18 per month for 50GB. Unlimited broadband only would be exactly £18 per month for 12 months but then rise to £22.99 per month. As I only just get to 50GB it seems daft to pay an extra (almost) £5 per month after the year is up. At present, if I run out of data I can always 'top up' at £1.02 per Gigabyte. So on the odd month that I am going to exceed 50GB then I can pay a little more. It's unlikely that I'll pay out £60 per annum this way. So staying put at a 50GB seems to make sense. Only if I can swap to the unlimited at £18 per month and stay at that cost after the year is up does it make sense to move to unlimited (with the added benefit of not having to continuously watch my data usage).

This of course doesn't take into account the land line plus broadband offer (as explained above) or the fact that data-hungry devices (updating OSs/Sat Nav updates/Firmware updates) may tip me over 50GB every month in the near future. I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it!

Daz

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Aug-18 13:59:35
Print Post

Removed posts

[re: cssuk] [link to this post]

Time to say, calm down and in an attempt to do that have removed a few posts that involved bickering

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cssuk
(regular) Fri 24-Aug-18 14:20:41
Print Post

Re: Removed posts

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

smile
Standard User techguy
(experienced) Mon 17-Sep-18 19:04:12
Print Post

[re: ajays] [link to this post]

Sorry been busy with work

Thanks @ajays

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (O2 Wholesale) => Xilo (TT Wholesale due to O2 Wholesale closure) => Zen LLU => Zen FTTP (39.5 Mbps down, 9.5 Mbps up)
Router: Fritzbox 3490
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to