User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Wed 19-Sep-18 19:25:42
Print Post

Caller ID now comes for free

[link to this post]

Just got this newsletter from Zen Internet

Caller ID now comes for free

We are writing to advise you of a change with your current phone service from Zen.

In addition to standard line rental, you may be aware of an add-on feature called - Caller ID. This service shows the incoming number on a digital handset. This has been a chargeable service up to now, but from October 2018 this will now be provided free of charge.

What does this mean for you?
If you have previously paid the standard monthly charge of £0.90 (inc VAT) to receive this service then a charge will no longer apply from October.

If you did not previously pay to receive this service, your digital handset (if you have one) will start displaying the caller ID number as default.

What do you need to do?
You donít have to do anything Ė your service will be automatically updated by the Zen team.

If for any reason you donít want to see incoming caller numbers, please refer to your handsetís instruction manual which will tell you how to disable caller ID. But for most of us, caller ID is a useful extra that will no longer incur a charge.

If you have any questions about the change to this service, or would like to know which phone number is affected please do not hesitate to get in touch with our support team on 01706 902001 or support@zen.co.uk.

Best regards,

The Zen support team

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Thu 20-Sep-18 23:32:27
Print Post

Re: Caller ID now comes for free

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

That's not just Zen being nice.
It's an Ofcom ruling that they can't charge for it any more.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 21-Sep-18 16:37:19
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Agreed but Zen will be nice if they do absorb the charge. The others such as Plusnet are adding £1 on somewhere else.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Fri 21-Sep-18 23:07:00
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Should never has been a feature that attracted a fee. Now who paid the most monthly charge for this facility; before I keft BT I seem to recall it was £5.50 pm.

It was a non-chargeable feature on mobile phones from a very early date if not from day 1.

Not that it is a reliable indication of the callers number anway. Fake representation should be banned,
  Print Thread

Jump to