User comments on ISPs
  >> Zen Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrchris76
(newbie) Fri 09-Nov-18 14:37:20
Print Post

FRITZ!Box 3490 & 8089/tcp TR-069 port open and cannot close?

[link to this post]

Hi All,

I've had a search but can't find anything on this. I have returned to Zen after a brief spell away. Switch over from BT was seamless, very happy.

I decided to give the FRITZ!Box 3490 a go and give my old OpenReach modem and EdgeRouter X combo a rest.

Looking through the web interface I see an open firewall port 8089 TCP (go to Diagnostics -> Security and it shows up there under FRITZ!Box Services). I haven't found a way to close this port / disable the service and it shows as open on an external scan.

I called Support, who said they could remove it off my Service which is fine (I understand the impact of this) but doubt it will close the port on my router, it hasn't yet at least.

Has anyone else seen this and managed to close the port? If not this is going into bridge mode and i'll be hooking up the EdgerouterX again. Not happy with a port I cannot close regardless of whether or not the TR-069 is secure.

Thanks in advance.

mrchris76
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Nov-18 18:33:15
Print Post

Re: FRITZ!Box 3490 & 8089/tcp TR-069 port open and cannot cl

[re: mrchris76] [link to this post]

Does port forwarding to a black hole IP address i.e. not a static you use and outside DHCP lan range stop any responses on the port.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrchris76
(newbie) Sat 10-Nov-18 09:21:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,
No it doesn't look possible through the GUI. Its ok I have decided to revert back to the openreach modem and ubiquiti edgerouter combo, for other reasons as well as this one. I just don't like a fw port open I cannot control, regardless of whether there is a service the other side answering on internal network (which there is not). Can't imagine I am alone here. Documentation suggests it is possible to turn off but the GUI for that option appears to be disabled.

Cheers

mrchris76

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Nov-18 12:12:15
Print Post

[re: mrchris76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrchris76:
No it doesn't look possible through the GUI.
I found anumber of things I could not do with the Fritz!Box which had all worked perfectly with my previous Draytek router.

So I teated myself to a new Draytek 2860 and everything works perfectly again now.

The 2860 also does my AAISP ADSL line as well (with the addition of a Draytek Vigor 130 modem)

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Nov-18 13:36:38
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

I'm being thick.

I've just noticed the two lines smile

In reply to a post by Sandgrounder:
The 2860 also does my AAISP ADSL line as well (with the addition of a Draytek Vigor 130 modem)
The 2860 is native VDSL2 so why do you need the external VDLS2 modem?

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Edited by caffn8me (Sun 11-Nov-18 13:47:13)

Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Nov-18 20:56:58
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hi Sarah the word "also" is the one you missed.

I have two internet connections but only one router. The 2860 built-in modem does the Zen connection and the Vigor is the modem for the AAISP connection. Both connections online together.with just one router.

Line One:- Zen Fibre 1 - DrayTek Vigor 2860ac
Line Two:- Andrews and Arnold - DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem
  Print Thread

Jump to