User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Feb-11 12:34:51
Print Post

Re: Hurrah slow speeds finally sub 2Mb

[re: bacupian] [link to this post]

eh? What's that got to do with an overloaded exchange with all VPs maxed out, I don't get it?

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Feb-11 15:08:06
Print Post

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

Wow I just had a "dleightful" conversation with Ian Livingston who was quite abrupt and rude about the matter. Ok I was taking the pee but if BT are going to take the pee out of me by blaming their faults on ME then i'm going to go to them about it.

Unbelievable.

Made it quite clear AA had nothing to do with me going to him as well as don't want AA getting in trouble when they have been very very helpful.

can you complain to OFCOM about BTs activities at a Tier 1 exchange? Just wondering who if anyone monitors BTs activities under these circumstances and whether they are providing the service which we (via our ISPs) are paying for.

I'm absolutely disgusted with BT they have reached a new low in my eyes and I didn't think that was possible from the dealings i've had with them in the past!!

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Rich44 (Sat 26-Feb-11 15:09:57)

Standard User bacupian
(newbie) Sun 27-Feb-11 10:24:05
Print Post

I don't know what actions BT take at any particular exchange. They
could reduce BRAS rate to even out the load or just have a lot of
contention with extra latency and packet loss.

What do your CQM graphs indicate is happening?

David

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Mar-11 08:44:50
Print Post

and on it rumbles, despite BT claiming to have "found" some capacity on another VP and to move me to it I am now capped to 2Mbps 24/7 - Brilliant!!

BT speedtester now doesn't work either I get

Authorisation failed Incorrect Telephone Number - Please try again

Brilliant so I am now being throttled 24/7 and they've now nobbled pretty much the only source of speedtests that they'll accept as "evidence"

FGS you couldn't make it up could you

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User huwwatkins
(regular) Tue 08-Mar-11 08:52:16
Print Post

I was having similar speed problems on a market 1 exchange - specifically exchange congestion. Decided to regrade to adsl max premium after getting no where with BT and hoping that the traffic prioratisation would help. Speeds on a sunday evening went from 500-800k to more like 5000+. I still can't beleive how different it is! I figured that if it didnt make any difference I could always regrade back down!
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Mar-11 09:00:45
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

It's a thought, thanks but it really bugs me to have to pay extra just to get the service i'm paying for now and really resent giving BTW any more of my money to get over their incompetence as I fell like i'd be rewarding them.

Why is there no system in place to punish BTW when they behave like this? What a farce, what makes it worse is they seem to refuse to release the information that the VPs are hot even to their staff. The various checkers still show green here despite the state of things, how many exchanges are in this state but the ISPs get the blame or people get their equipment blamed and give up?

What a joke

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Slower & slower every day

Edited by Rich44 (Tue 08-Mar-11 09:01:03)

Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Mar-11 17:16:12
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

Well apart from a quick email earlier don't think anyone has looked at the ticket at all today so in total and utter despair have placed the upgrade order and hope to god it works, nice little scam BT have there innit

8Mb sync
My Broadband Speed Test
Slower & slower every day
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to