User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User shedboy79
(newbie) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:01:06
Print Post

Re: New usage allowances and prices from November

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pete_thomson:
It's not complicated at all.

You dont get "2GB peak" and "100off peak", you get x number of units and each unit is worth x amount of bandwidth peak and x amount off peak.

However, if you say you have 2GB peak and 100GB off peak I assume you mean you pay for 4 units (2 units peak @ 1GB/unit = 2GB and 2 units off peak @50GB/unit = 100GB) and you will now get 2.5GB peak and 100GB offpeak.

i understand that but according to the clueless page i only buy 3 units p/m so will that mean my allowance will be cut and pay the same monthly fee ?

thanks for your help
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:22:14
Print Post

[re: shedboy79] [link to this post]

If you mostly use your connection off peak (like me), AA have effectively halfed the amount of traffic you can transfer per month. So in effect, you can only transfer half of what you used to be able to, for your 3 units. The price (for myself on 2 units) has also increased by 60p per month, so yours will have also increased by at least this amount (and possibly a little bit more as you are on a 3 unit tariff, not a 2 unit one).

PS - I'm on a 21CN connection.

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Wed 26-Oct-11 17:23:54)

Standard User gmoorc
(member) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:26:17
Print Post

Hi.
If I remember correctly, on the old system for your 3 units you would have got either 3GB to use during the day or 300GB to use in the evening and at weekends or 3TB to use between 2am and 6am!

Obviously it would have been a mix of the above so maybe you used 1.5GB during the day and 150GB in the evenings adding up to your 3 units.

Now for your 3 units you get either 3.75GB to use during the day or 150GB to use in the evening. So a bit more to use during the day and half as much to use in the evenings.

You should log on to your control pages and look over the last few months to see how you use the data. It may be that you don't need to change anything as you don't get near your current evening allowance.

Worst case is you may need to buy 2 or 3 extra units.

Gary

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User shedboy79
(newbie) Wed 26-Oct-11 18:13:21
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmoorc:
Hi.
If I remember correctly, on the old system for your 3 units you would have got either 3GB to use during the day or 300GB to use in the evening and at weekends or 3TB to use between 2am and 6am!

Obviously it would have been a mix of the above so maybe you used 1.5GB during the day and 150GB in the evenings adding up to your 3 units.

Now for your 3 units you get either 3.75GB to use during the day or 150GB to use in the evening. So a bit more to use during the day and half as much to use in the evenings.

You should log on to your control pages and look over the last few months to see how you use the data. It may be that you don't need to change anything as you don't get near your current evening allowance.

Worst case is you may need to buy 2 or 3 extra units.

Gary

thanks for that

on average we use about 2.5gig through the day and about 40-50gig pm off peak
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Wed 26-Oct-11 18:32:09
Print Post

Result then smile
Looks like you will be ok without having to buy extra units although you are pretty close.

Just the 60p a unit increase to deal with as mixt pointed out.

Edit...Not sure if it is 60p a unit or 60p for mixt's two units so 90p for you ??

Edited by gmoorc (Wed 26-Oct-11 18:34:18)

Standard User mixt
(experienced) Wed 26-Oct-11 18:36:43
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Yeah I think it's 30p a unit, so 90p sounds about right.

Now on <aaisp.net>
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User dethadol
(regular) Sat 29-Oct-11 14:03:53
Print Post

Re: New usage allowances and prices from November *DELETED*

Post deleted by dethadol
ISP Representative RevK
(isp) Sun 30-Oct-11 08:03:21
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

A few people say they did not get an email on this - as Andrew says we have identified the people likey to have to consider an increased tariff and emailed them separately. However the October bill emails included details of this so everyone should have had that email.

Obviously, as usual, as well as email (two emails for some people) it was on the main web page at the time, the news pages, the status pages, the RSS/Atom feed, the irc channel, and twitter as well - plus of course my blog and google+ and facebook. Not sure about usenet. Even so, that was pretty comprehensive...

Edited by RevK (Sun 30-Oct-11 08:05:09)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-11 11:44:43
Print Post

[censored] if I can find it....
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Sun 30-Oct-11 15:25:08
Print Post

[re: MattJessop] [link to this post]

Not with them anymore but if I remember correctly I used to get info on additional pages of the invoice.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to