User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JamesS88
(newbie) Wed 07-Aug-13 19:18:02
Print Post

Re: MAC code

[re: shedboy79] [link to this post]

Might the Home::1 tariff help there as an alternative to jumping to another ISP, getting rid of the peak/off-peak split?

(I'm in the opposite boat right now - approaching the end of my year's FTTC commitment and thinking of jumping to A&A when I can. Last year, I could get FTTC but not Be ADSL, which on the tariffs at the time ruled out A&A; the arrival of Home::1 seems to make it viable for me.)
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Thu 15-Aug-13 14:38:14
Print Post

[re: JamesS88] [link to this post]

Not everybody is eligible for Home::1 My request to switch was declined. Cant use Netflix during the day with AAISP, and I have to queue all my downloads for 6pm frown
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:22:52
Print Post

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

I'm guessing a business pays for your connection then?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative andrewhearn
(isp) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:30:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
Not everybody is eligible for Home::1 My request to switch was declined. Cant use Netflix during the day with AAISP, and I have to queue all my downloads for 6pm frown

There are some restrictions on Home::1 - mainly that it's for home users and there are no VAT invoices, it's all on the Home::1 page on our website.

You can use Netflix with AAISP though, do don't block or filter anything.

Andrew Hearn
AAISP Technical Support
aa.net.uk [email protected] 03333 400 999
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:37:04
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

I work from home, so a portion of the bill is paid by a company. I pay the rest.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:45:27
Print Post

I'd suggest trying to change the arrangement so you pay it all and your work pay you through expenses. No VAT invoice then so should be eligible.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 09:56:40
Print Post

Yes I had thought of that, but I would still need a VAT invoice.
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 11:04:11
Print Post

[re: andrewhearn] [link to this post]

Maybe there is an opportunity there to do a HomeWorker::1 package. A single invoice to the company for all homeworkers, and separate invoices to each homeworker for their share. Have some sort of flexible billing portal, to manage how much each homeworker pays.

My share is based on the cheapest TalkTalk package. The business pays for the rest.
Standard User ionic
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Aug-13 11:24:57
Print Post

Depending on how much you're currently paying in total have you looked at office::1 instead?
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 11:38:01
Print Post

I worked it out to about £325 + VAT per month!! It would be cheaper to buy the Mrs DVD box sets of everything she watches on Netflix on her days off.

Got to do something. The ear bashing I get because we don't have internet she can use during her days off. "all my mates watch Netflix...why cant we?"
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to