User comments on ISPs
  >> AAISP

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 16-Aug-13 12:42:28
Print Post

Re: MAC code

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

why do you still need a seperate vat invoice?

companies can choose to pay vat.
you can choose to pay the vat part of the invoice. I believe for residental aaisp still breakdown the bill so it shows which part is vat right?
or is it a disaster if you just pay for home::1 yourself?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User stuorguk
(member) Fri 16-Aug-13 13:00:58
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The terms are, AAISP wont issue a VAT invoice. I know by law they have to produce one if you ask, but doing that every month would be a hassle, and I doubt they would be too impressed.

I'm backed into a corner really. The Mrs keeps questioning why her mates on TalkTalk or whoever can watch Netflix all day, and she cant. She has a point. My business requires a reliable FTTC connection with fixed IP and ipv6. The other option is to get a second FTTC line in with one of the budget ISPs. More expense, but cheaper than AAISP bandwidth prices. I actually did try this once before, and Openreach screwed the whole thing up. I ended up loosing all services for a while, which was a nightmare to sort out. I'm frightened this will happen again. I cant work without the internet, and if I am seen to start melding again, and it goes wrong, it will look bad on me.

Edited by stuorguk (Fri 16-Aug-13 16:56:12)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 17-Aug-13 19:43:11
Print Post

You can supply your own VAT invoice
(3) Where a registered person provides a document to himself which purports to be a VAT invoice in respect of a supply of goods or services to him by another taxable person registered in the United Kingdom, that document may, with the approval of the Commissioners, be treated as the VAT invoice required to be provided by the supplier under paragraph (1)(a) above.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stuorguk
(member) Sat 17-Aug-13 20:07:02
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks. I have been having a look around at what other isp's are offering, and decided to bite the bullet and switch to idnet. Sadly AAISPs pricing is not keeping up with todays usage requirements.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 17-Aug-13 20:16:43
Print Post

It's clear they don't want you as a customer, if they are prepared to break the law to get rid of you wink

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User grahammm
(member) Sun 18-Aug-13 08:31:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

They are not breaking the law. The law only requires that VAT invoices be issued to VAT registered customers. One of the terms of the Home::1 package is that it is for private, personal, customers only. VAT invoices are issued on all of the unit based packages.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 18-Aug-13 08:34:38
Print Post

[re: grahammm] [link to this post]

As I said, you can produce your own VAT invoice.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to